Nasty whiskey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by trailerparksuperstar View Post
    <---- calling Harley's to find out when shipment arrives. I will "conveniently" be in town shortly there after knocking on your door.
    Hell motherfucking yeah!!

The closest you'll be able to get to a ship date is the Fall. If a closer answer were to be given, it would have to come from Buffalo Trace.

This year I intend on hanging on to a couple bottles for my friends to taste on. My last stash only lasted until February or March. I'm hoping I can be a little easier on my hobby account with my whiskey purchases this go around. Here's to hoping!!

Comment

Originally posted by trailerparksuperstar View Post
      <---- calling Harley's to find out when shipment arrives. I will "conveniently" be in town shortly there after knocking on your door.
      I spoke to Will on Saturday, and he's supposed to be asking the Buffalo Trace rep about Stagg distribution later this week.

Comment

Originally posted by The Geofster View Post
        Wat r stagg
        FRANKFORT, Ky., May 29, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- For the second year in a row, George T. Stagg, the iconic uncut, unfiltered bourbon released annually from Buffalo Trace Distillery, has been named the number one spirit in the world by noted spirits reviewer F. Paul Pacult.

The list, compiled annually by Pacult, will be released in his June 2012 issue of The Spirit Journal. Last year, George T. Stagg was the first American Whiskey to ever be named number one in The Spirit Journal's 13 years of tabulating. Stagg knocked off the perennial favorite Highland Park 18 Scotch Whisky for the first time ever, and this year the Stagg beat out a Northern Highlands Single Malt Scotch.

Notes Pacult about this year's winners, "Spirits are continually getting better and more sophisticated each year. It's no surprise to us that three of the top five spirits in the world hail from Kentucky, which right now is one of the hotbeds of distilling prowess."

PR Newswire (http://s.tt/1cV9n)

I'm actually surprised it doesn't cost more, because it is hard to get. Some people can't get one bottle, much less the 9 that I got last year. Hopefully, I won't have to travel as much to obtain that many.

Comment

Originally posted by Snatch Napkin View Post
          FRANKFORT, Ky., May 29, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- For the second year in a row, George T. Stagg, the iconic uncut, unfiltered bourbon released annually from Buffalo Trace Distillery, has been named the number one spirit in the world by noted spirits reviewer F. Paul Pacult.

The list, compiled annually by Pacult, will be released in his June 2012 issue of The Spirit Journal. Last year, George T. Stagg was the first American Whiskey to ever be named number one in The Spirit Journal's 13 years of tabulating. Stagg knocked off the perennial favorite Highland Park 18 Scotch Whisky for the first time ever, and this year the Stagg beat out a Northern Highlands Single Malt Scotch.

Notes Pacult about this year's winners, "Spirits are continually getting better and more sophisticated each year. It's no surprise to us that three of the top five spirits in the world hail from Kentucky, which right now is one of the hotbeds of distilling prowess."

PR Newswire (http://s.tt/1cV9n)

I'm actually surprised it doesn't cost more, because it is hard to get. Some people can't get one bottle, much less the 9 that I got last year. Hopefully, I won't have to travel as much to obtain that many.
          Just looked it up. 140 proof? How can that be enjoyable without having to dilute it quite a bit?
          How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Originally posted by The Geofster View Post
            Just looked it up. 140 proof? How can that be enjoyable without having to dilute it quite a bit?
            It's certainly not a beginner's whiskey. It is, however, the epitome of a sipping whiskey.

A lot of people prefer to put some water in the glass, but that kills the flavor for me.

Your palate has to be accustomed to the intense alcohol burn in order to drink it with any type of pace to get a solid buzz.

Comment

Working...
            X