Interesting motor oil test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
    I have never believed in synthetic oil since I drove a car for 200K miles which ran fine and never burned oil. Only thing done was to change it religiously every 3000 miles.

I have a Ranger with 150K miles that were all with Walmart oil & filters. I recently replaced the valve cover gasket, and I could still easy see the painted marks on the cam followers. Not even any patina on the parts.

Comment

I've actually seen that test done in person a few years ago by a royal purple rep. He kept the same metal bearing and by pushing down applied the same force to the bearing with different oil added. It had a gauge that would show "simulated load" on the bearing. When royal purple was used it didn't move at all. With other oils they had different ratings. When mixed with Royal purple it always went back to almost nothing. Was pretty crazy but I think it only matters when you go excessive miles without an oil change.

Comment

I use Peanut Oil. I change once a year after we fry a turkey at Thanksgiving. Nothing like cooking the bird and then changing the oil in the car later that evening...

Comment

people over think oil/fluids. i used to.

just buy something that's pretty good and change it when it's time.
          www.hppmotorsports.com
          ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

I went to a trade show close to 10 years ago and that is where I first saw Royal Purple. They had the same test going. I was impressed as shit with it.

Comment

Originally posted by momo View Post
              people over think oil/fluids. i used to.

just buy something that's pretty good and change it when it's time.
              Agreed 100%

Comment

I have a big wig valvoline guy stop by my store once a month if not more. He is a cool guy but is always busting my balls about Mobil. I've always used Mobil and don't plan on changing but he swears valvoline is better. He use to be an oil tech so I'm not sure what to believe.

Comment

Working...
                X