No announcement yet.

Interesting motor oil test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When was that study done? Also who paid for it?

Comment

^ looked like Royal Purple paid for it.
      Can't beat them, Join their NEW message board !!

Comment

I was hoping they tested some motor craft oil to see where they stand.

Comment

Originally posted by FreightTrain View Post
          Should be the same as Mobil 1. Pretty sure they are the same oil...
          "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

What the fuck? I've been using Mobile 1 Full synthetic in my cars for years, and have never had problems. That article bothers me.
            Karussell White - 2010 Genesis Coupe R-Spec 6MT 2.0T -

Comment

Me too, as that's all i'll run in my 5.4.

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris View Post
                What the f? I've been using Mobile 1 Full synthetic in my cars for years, and have never had problems. That article bothers me.
                It doesn't mean the oil is going to cause your engine to explode, but it means that it may not provide as much protection as the oils that tested with better results.
                Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
                  It doesn't mean the oil is going to cause your engine to explode, but it means that it may not provide as much protection as the oils that tested with better results.
                  Correct, it will not explode. But, it will seize up!

Comment

Originally posted by yellowstang View Post
                    Correct, it will not explode. But, it will seize up!

Question is, should I change because of that article?
                    Karussell White - 2010 Genesis Coupe R-Spec 6MT 2.0T -

Comment

What the fuck? I've been using Mobile 1 Full synthetic in my cars for years, and have never had problems. That article bothers me.
                      Originally posted by lo3oz View Post
                      Me too, as that's all i'll run in my 5.4.
                      Question is, should I change because of that article?
                      No, because most people won't subject their cars to any real-world stresses like that report shows. Run it low and rag it to death... sure it'll matter. For the every day commuter that gets regular oil changes, any current API-rated oil is good.

On another note, that's the third test I've seen with Mobil1/Motorcraft being a turd in the punch bowl of synthetic blends.
                      Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                      I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                      Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                      Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                      dont downshift!!
                      Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
                        No, because most people won't subject their cars to any real-world stresses like that report shows. Run it low and rag it to death... sure it'll matter. For the every day commuter that gets regular oil changes, any current API-rated oil is good.

On another note, that's the third test I've seen with Mobil1/Motorcraft being a turd in the punch bowl of synthetic blends.
                        Are u saying Mobil1 and Motorcraft are the same? Got proof?

Comment

my understanding is motorcraft is conoco/philips.

Comment

We run either mobile1 or valvoline (sp?) sunthetic in the race cars, and have frequently run two races before we change the oil. ~2500 RACE miles on the last oil change in the Miata.
                            "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
                              Are u saying Mobil1 and Motorcraft are the same? Got proof?
                              I've seen them both fair poorly in 3 tests. Whether they are the same or not, they both sucked it up.
                              Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                              I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                              Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                              Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                              dont downshift!!
                              Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Working...
                              X