No announcement yet.

City pays family 20k for cop killing dog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frost has been keeping those in his handy archive for the opportune time. It's like a bad joke you've been hanging onto until someone set up a conversation enough to use it.
    lol
    Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
    Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
      If a caveman had a gun, don't you think they would have used it?

Your statement makes no sense whatsoever.
      No, they would make a smarter decision like this cop did. Watch and learn, show your other pals too so it doesn't cost tax payers $20k (again).

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-Itfr_V424[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by A_A_G View Post
        No, they would make a smarter decision like this cop did. Watch and learn, show your other pals too so it doesn't cost tax payers $20k (again).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-Itfr_V424
        I can tell you that this was a LUCKY shot. Having been TASER certified since '08, it's not as easy as that. You have to take in account that the darts do spread, and if you fire it in a traditional pistol grip one dart will stay straight and the other goes down to the right. You kinda have to fire them slightly gangsta style.

Disclaimer: Not defending anyone or anything here. Just giving my .02 on your post.
        Karussell White - 2010 Genesis Coupe R-Spec 6MT 2.0T -

Comment

I was looking around in the City Ordinances for Euless the other day and came across this entry, which I thought to be interesting:

Sec. 10-4. - Authority to destroy certain animals.
          Any peace officer, health officer, licensed veterinarian or animal control officer may kill any dog, cat or other animal suspected of having rabies and any vicious animal.

Watch yo dogs, watch yo cats, watch any of yo anumals in Euless. They can shoot errbody up in herra.

Comment

The cop in the above video was pretty quick, but still lacks the correct way to handle that situation. I'm not armchair quarterbacking, that shit happened to me constantly. You HAVE to stand your ground, yell like a madman, and even start charging the dog as soon as he gives you an inch.

Never back up, never show your back, and never take your eye off of the animal.

That was a lucky shot.
            Last edited by Baba Ganoush; 08-21-2012, 02:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
              http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...906811078.html

As the undercover officer and a detective approached a building in pursuit of the alleged dealer, they encountered a 22-year-old man with two pitbulls. The official said the dogs lunged at the officers, prompting both men to fire their guns.

The shots wounded the bystander in his leg and injured one of his dogs, the official said.

The victim, identified as James Austin, was taken to Kings County Hospital and listed in stable condition.

Mr. Austin's dogs were put into the care of an animal-control agency. The condition of the wounded dog remained unclear.

Martin Vidal, 34 years old, said he heard the gunshots from his home and looked out the window to find Mr. Austin on the ground screaming, "Why me, why me?"

Mr. Vidal and another witness, Isaac Holmes, 36, said the dogs had been leashed at the time.

"They shot that boy for nothing," Mr. Holmes said. "Everybody knows him from walking his dogs."

The alleged drug dealer was later arrested. Charges against all three suspects were pending.
              Score 1

A Rottweiler was killed and a bystander injured when a Cleveland, Ohio police officer used a shotgun to break up a dog fight on Sunday morning.

According to Fox 8 News, the officer came upon a Rottweiler who was attacking a small dog around 9 a.m. on Sunday morning.

When the Rottweiler's owner failed to break up the fight, the officer utilized a shotgun to kill the attacking dog.

In the process, a woman who was standing nearby was injured from debris created from the gunfire.

http://www.examiner.com/article/ohio...ures-bystander
              Injured by "debris"???

Around 1:45 a.m. Sunday, Lawton police officers heard a gunshot coming from the parking lot outside the Gate 4 Recovery Room, a nightclub located at 2705 N.W. Sheridan. About 300 people had gathered in the parking lot.

Officers saw a man they believed fired the shot. They approached him and ordered him to drop his weapon. The officer who fired his gun said the man raised his weapon and pointed it toward a group of people.

The officer told OSBI agents he fired one round, but it missed the man holding the gun. The officer's bullet hit a parked car next to the armed man, traveled through several windows, and hit 24-year-old Jerry Ann Short in the chest.

An ambulance rushed Short to a nearby hospital where she was treated and released. The suspect with the gun ran from the scene and hasn't been caught.

The Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation is looking into an officer-involved shooting that sent an innocent bystander to the hospital.

Seriously, I can do this all day. Would you like more?
              Where is the dog in this story? Fail.

Comment

Originally posted by A_A_G View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-Itfr_V424
                For some reason I'm absolutely certain you have no idea what a caveman would have done.

I'll tell you what, I'll roll Stop6 tomorrow and find a dog. I know it won't take 20 minutes, and then I'll call you to take care of it since you're such the expert.

Comment

I'll tell you what, I'll roll Stop6 tomorrow and find a dog. I know it won't take 20 minutes, and then I'll call you to take care of it since you're such the expert.
                  You shouldn't be calling me, you should be calling that officer! Maybe he can come train yall to deal in such dangerous situations!

Comment

Originally posted by 347Mike View Post
                    Frost has been keeping those in his handy archive for the opportune time. It's like a bad joke you've been hanging onto until someone set up a conversation enough to use it.
                    lol
                    .004 seconds and Google.
                    I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Score 1

Injured by "debris"???

Where is the dog in this story? Fail.
                      Could have been pellets from a shotgun, could have been parts of the stuff he shot. You dont' pull a trigger unless you know EXACTLY where that round is going.

And the last story is just cops firing without worrying about where the round is going. Since you don't seem to think it happens. If I fire a round and it misses my target and I hit someone else, guess what, it's a felony. Now, what happens when you do?

Comment

Could have been pellets from a shotgun, could have been parts of the stuff he shot. You dont' pull a trigger unless you know EXACTLY where that round is going.

And the last story is just cops firing without worrying about where the round is going. Since you don't seem to think it happens. If I fire a round and it misses my target and I hit someone else, guess what, it's a felony. Now, what happens when you do?
                        The same thing that wouldhappen to you but worse.

Comment

The same thing that wouldhappen to you but worse.
                          Really? You go to jail for missing? You face a prosecutor or do you go before a board of your peers? I don't recall a lot of cops getting sentenced for a stray bullet but I can point to it happening to the public

Comment

Working...
                          X