No announcement yet.

City pays family 20k for cop killing dog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Know what also stops a dog from fucking with you? Rapping it's nose with that nifty baton cops carry on their belt
    I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Originally posted by Baba Ganoush View Post
      Well sure, but with a gun comes 1000 times more responsibility, to which this officer or anyone shooting an animal is lacking. Unless that dog had a baby in its' mouth, or a firm grip on you, it doesn't take a gun, just balls.

I have walked stop6, oak cliff, pleasant grove, balch springs, and other less desirable areas on a regular basis for a job and I never had to kill a dog. I was attacked numerous times, but my training and my experience, as well as common sense, kept me safe. Not a deadly weapon that should be used as a last resort. And honestly if I had a gun I might have used it a few times, but I would not have kept my job, because my boss would never believe that as I trespassed I had to kill a person's pet to save my skin. Our training taught us otherwise.

Bottom line is incidents like this speak volumes on the incompetence of the officers that are supposed to be serving the public, not shooting peoples' dogs.
      Hate to break this to you, but there are people out there that are afraid of dogs.

Yes, and they do take jobs as police officers, postal carriers, etc.....

You can't untrain a phobia or fear.

It just so happens that there is a certain group of people that are officers and afraid of dogs. This group is also deathly afraid of snakes. I'll let you take a guess.

I've never said it was right, but merely providing an explanation.

Hell, we had a guy at a business over off of 121 a couple of weeks ago take a shot at a pit bull that came onto the business property.

The dog cornered the customer and the worker in the back of the customer's truck, and when the guy saw his chance, he ran in and got a gun. He came back out to check on the customer and the dog was still there and charged. The worker took a shot at the dog and guess what we did?

We made a report, photographed the area, photographed the gun, and returned the gun back to the worker after it was run for wanted.

The guy thought he was going to get into trouble, but both he and the customer thought it was reasonable. The customer stated that he was afraid that the dog would attack him and actually thanked the worker for scaring them off.

We found the dog and chased it several blocks. It had a GSW to the chest right near where the front left leg attaches to the abdomen. It was taken by animal control.

So, the moral is that a citizens can and do use firearms against dogs just like the police do.

Comment

Originally posted by forbes View Post
        and to think.... the caveman had to put up with those pesky t-rexs w/o a gun....
        but a trained Public Servant has to shoot a dag
        If a caveman had a gun, don't you think they would have used it?

Your statement makes no sense whatsoever.

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
          Know what also stops a dog from fucking with you? Rapping it's nose with that nifty baton cops carry on their belt
          You are an ninja, aren't you?

Because an attacking 100lb dog is so easy to hit on the nose with a baton!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
            If a caveman had a gun, don't you think they would have used it?

Your statement makes no sense whatsoever.
            cause your a public servant, you know what you are told to know
            first class white trash

Comment

Originally posted by forbes View Post
              cause your a public servant, you know what you are told to know

Comment

You are an ninja, aren't you?

Because an attacking 100lb dog is so easy to hit on the nose with a baton!!!!

Or head, or body. You're saying you can't hit a dog with a baton but you can with a pistol? Really? Evidently the dog is right up on you for you to feel threatened enough to shoot it, so it's within baton reach. And with a baton, you don't have those pesky rounds that you shoot THROUGH the dog, and the rounds you fired at it but missed, flying off and hitting other people and property
                I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

They also want to avoid a liberal jury handing out a $17m settlement for something stupid.

This is just a way of damage control.
                  makes sense.
                  "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                  "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Or head, or body. You're saying you can't hit a dog with a baton but you can with a pistol? Really? Evidently the dog is right up on you for you to feel threatened enough to shoot it, so it's within baton reach. And with a baton, you don't have those pesky rounds that you shoot THROUGH the dog, and the rounds you fired at it but missed, flying off and hitting other people and property
                    We aren't talking about me. We're talking about the "average" officer. I have used my ASP baton on one pit bull, and never have I shot at a dog.

And of all of the CPI dog shootings I have worked, not one round has caused collateral damage.

Comment

Hate to break this to you, but there are people out there that are afraid of dogs.

It just so happens that there is a certain group of people that are officers and afraid of dogs. This group is also deathly afraid of snakes. I'll let you take a guess.

Hell, we had a guy at a business over off of 121 a couple of weeks ago take a shot at a pit bull that came onto the business property.

The dog cornered the customer and the worker in the back of the customer's truck, and when the guy saw his chance, he ran in and got a gun. He came back out to check on the customer and the dog was still there and charged. The worker took a shot at the dog and guess what we did?

We made a report, photographed the area, photographed the gun, and returned the gun back to the worker after it was run for wanted.

The guy thought he was going to get into trouble, but both he and the customer thought it was reasonable. The customer stated that he was afraid that the dog would attack him and actually thanked the worker for scaring them off.

We found the dog and chased it several blocks. It had a GSW to the chest right near where the front left leg attaches to the abdomen. It was taken by animal control.

So, the moral is that a citizens can and do use firearms against dogs just like the police do.
                      Completely different scenarios.

A. Officers came onto property dog lives at and defends to the very end, he does what he is supposed to and is shot

B. Dog trespasses onto strangers property and aggressively pursues them.

Comment

Ya, good luck hitting a dog with a baton. I'll set you up with my pit and a baton and we'll see who wins. My dog and a friends once got into a fight(their dog started it). I started kicking the crap out of both dogs full force with steel toe boots to stop the fight, and they didn't even notice, no joke. Plus I got bit in the melee and let me tell you, dog bites are no joke. That shit hurts bad.

So in summary, if a dog was determined and got a hold if you, I guarantee you know matter how hard you hit it wouldn't matter. Of course this applies to certain breeds, miniature dachsunds and such don't apply.

Tase the dog.

Comment

Oh I know the group you are talking about, that's predictable. I also worked with big burly men who were afraid of 8lb. poodles. It was laughable.

In your line of work, however, a phobia of something y'all encounter on a regular basis is unacceptable. I can just hear one of these petrified officers explaining to a family that he shot their blue heeler because he's deathly afraid of dogs. Uh, really? Well that's not conducive to your occupation, and not an acceptable reason to put a hole in Fluffy. You should work in an office, far far away from these horrible creatures!

This is where training comes in. I am not an expert, but I guarantee you one afternoon with me and the worst k-9 you can find and I could help squelch that phobia enough to at least keep your sidearm holstered.

Your story above is frightening to me for one reason: A person discharging a weapon in public. I'm surprised he wasn't at least ticketed lol.

I know dogs can be scary, and definitely dangerous. But a grown man scared of a dog so much that he'll risk the safety of others to shoot it is unfortunate. I'm not against ending a threat, but first you need to adequately assess the threat.

This is the problem, because it seems to law enforcement that every dog is a baby-eating pit bull and the only option is to shoot it. Unless this thought process is changed, there will be a lot more checks being written to homeowners. It will not just cost the city some cash, but it will cost the police a bit of trust. Without trust, y'all are simply a nuisance.

Comment

I have a phobia of black people, I dream that they rape and sodomize me. If I become a cop, does that make it okay to shoot all black people that walk towards me?

Nevermind the fact that dogs will almost always give you warning that you are in his space.

You continue to fight a losing battle Matt.

Comment

The double standard that is used to protect cops is absolutely incredible. They (cops) believe they should be protected from laws and regulations just like congress, and it is sick. Plus, for what they do, they are grossly over-compensated.

And the only issue with your story is that citizens do not forcefully enter other citizens properties,shit a brick when they see a viscous-looking dog (defender), and shoot out of desperation. In no way, wether they are serving a warrant or not, is shooting an unarmed person or animal justified.

Detailing by Dylan
                              817-494-3396
                              Meticuloustx7@gmail.com
                              Ask about the Pre-Spring special

Comment

It's more economical; shoot first, ask questions later!

Detailing by Dylan
                                817-494-3396
                                Meticuloustx7@gmail.com
                                Ask about the Pre-Spring special

Comment

Working...
                                X