Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Child's first swear word. What was your reaction?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Child's first swear word. What was your reaction?

So my wife and I are watching a movie (the help) our 16 month old is playing happily beside us. All of sudden one of the characters loudly says shit. Our daughter looks up from her book turn to me and my wife and with a smile says SHIT. The wife and I soo stunned but immediately start laughing our butts off. I mean what do u say to a 16 month old who swears but doesn't know any better.

teach her proper context of the word.

Comment

I laughed. And laughed and laughed and laughed. That was with my son, and it was an EARLY word. Of course, I told him not to say that again once I had stopped laughing.

With my daughter, she was a bit older, and dropped the F bomb right after my ex wife let it slip (which was very rare around the kids, probably only happened 2-3 times tops). So of course, I laughed. And laughed and laughed and laughed. And I had to give her a hard time, because it's not so easy for me to control my tongue, so we both just assumed she would let it fly after something I said. She also talks just like my ex wife, with traces of a hick East TX accent. A tiny little gecko ran across the floor one day, and she let out a "What in the hell was that?" with a little twang. That shit made my LMAO as well.
      Originally posted by BradM
      But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
      Originally posted by Leah
      In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

I just laughed when my kids first did it.
        Key is to NOT overreact. At this age, kids learn very quickly on how to get certain reactions from you. Laughing will enforce the behavior as well. If you blow it off, they'll forget about it.
        Don't threaten to wash her mouth out until she gets little older.
        Hellcat Charger

Comment

We're goin through this right now with our 3 year old. When he first started talking and said one we just laughed. Now that he is older and we are watching our mouths around him and he pops off its not so cute. He picks it up from the other little shits at daycare. Last week he was in the living room playing and saying "dick head" over and over while playing. That's not even something I say at all.

Comment

Originally posted by inline 6 View Post
            We're goin through this right now with our 3 year old. When he first started talking and said one we just laughed. Now that he is older and we are watching our mouths around him and he pops off its not so cute. He picks it up from the other little shits at daycare. Last week he was in the living room playing and saying "dick head" over and over while playing. That's not even something I say at all.
            Just don't be a dick head about it.

Comment

Yeah I laughed but then explained that's nit a good word. He asked then why'd I laugh? I told him it was unexpected and was shocked. He got it.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                I laughed. And laughed and laughed and laughed. That was with my son, and it was an EARLY word. Of course, I told him not to say that again once I had stopped laughing.

With my daughter, she was a bit older, and dropped the F bomb right after my ex wife let it slip (which was very rare around the kids, probably only happened 2-3 times tops). So of course, I laughed. And laughed and laughed and laughed. And I had to give her a hard time, because it's not so easy for me to control my tongue, so we both just assumed she would let it fly after something I said. She also talks just like my ex wife, with traces of a hick East TX accent. A tiny little gecko ran across the floor one day, and she let out a "What in the hell was that?" with a little twang. That shit made my LMAO as well.
                If you could control your tongue, perhaps she wouldn't be an ex...

In the bedroom, or elsewhere...

Not an attack Brent, that just struck me funny when I read it.

Comment

Don't laugh when he says it, unless you want him saying it all the time.
                  When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
                    If you could control your tongue, perhaps she wouldn't be an ex...

In the bedroom, or elsewhere...

Not an attack Brent, that just struck me funny when I read it.
                    Seriously, Aaron? Go fuck yourself. That's pretty fucking comical coming from someone who whines like a little bitch about women all the time. Not an attack...

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
                    Don't laugh when he says it, unless you want him saying it all the time.
                    Meh. As much as I laughed, neither one said it again. If your kids don't respect you, sure.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                      Seriously, Aaron? Go fuck yourself. That's pretty fucking comical coming from someone who whines like a little bitch about women all the time. Not an attack...
                      Please tell me the last time I have bitched about women, on the board or to any friend personally.

I was merely talking about the wording, and how your post sounded. I do not know what did or didn't happen in your marriage, and don't pretend to.

I was making a joke about cunnilingus, nothing more. Thus, not an attack.

Comment

LMAO at you knuckleheads. Brent, you're potty mouth ruined your marriage!!! Aaron, you are a giant pussy and whine about women all the time!!!!....not an attack.....

fucking love this board
                        May God give us strength and courage in the time of our darkest hours.
                        Semper Fi

Comment

Originally posted by Jester View Post
                          LMAO at you knuckleheads. Brent, you're potty mouth ruined your marriage!!! Aaron, you are a giant pussy and whine about women all the time!!!!....not an attack.....

fucking love this board
                          Bitches love BMW's.

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
                            Bitches love BMW's.
                            You see, that could go either way, with you driving one.

No disrespect indented! sic
                            Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                            HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Im going to bed, you kids play nice...
                              Originally posted by Silverback
                              Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Working...
                              X