Offduty motorcycle cop hits little girl > dad beats cop > cop kills dad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Offduty motorcycle cop hits little girl > dad beats cop > cop kills dad

It wasn't that long ago that people were "cheering" the "hero dad" in Texas who beat off his daughter's alleged child molester, killing him in the process. We tend to like these stories for the obvious reason: It sets a terrible situation right. A child is being hurt. A parent rushes to the rescue. The parent gets revenge on the child's attacker. All is well with the world again.

But what if that scenario goes horribly awry? What if the person who hurt the child genuinely did it by accident? What if the father who rushes to the rescue is overcome with the understandable desire to beat the bejesus out of the person who hurt his child? And what if the person who hurt the child just happened to be a cop who was carrying a gun? There's no "happy" ending to this story. But it might teach everyone a lesson about using fists instead of the law.

Saturday night, an off-duty police officer was riding down the street on his motorcycle when apparently a little girl darted out from nowhere in front of his bike. He intentionally "ditched" the bike in an effort to avoid hitting her, but it was too late. His bike slammed into 4-year-old Taniyah Middleton, as well as her 18-year-old cousin, who had run out to help her.

More from The Stir: 3-Year-Old Kills Father & Provides Heartbreaking Gun Safety Reminder

The cop, despite being injured himself, reportedly began trying to help the little girl. This is when the girl's father, Christopher Middleton, ran out of a nearby restaurant, saw the scene, and began taking out his fury on the man who had hurt his daughter.

Reportedly the man identified himself as a police officer, but the infuriated man just kept pummeling. Then the 18-year-old cousin joined in. About to lose consciousness from the beating, the cop pulled out his gun and fired, killing the father.

Thoughts? Im actually on the cops side on this one.
    "You don't so much drive it, more like poke it with a sharp stick and channel the fury when you piss it off."

FFL & LTC Instructor
    http://firstresponsefirearms.com/
    Factory Five MK4 Cobra
    Build thread-http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17889
    http://s1124.photobucket.com/albums/l571/BlitzAttack65/
    www.wix.com/cdurhamwot/blitzattack-mk4-build
    sigpic

Originally posted by 01yz2nv View Post
    It wasn't that long ago that people were "cheering" the "hero dad" in Texas who beat off his daughter's alleged child molester, killing him in the process.
    Shitty, but who writes this stuff?
    Originally posted by Broncojohnny
    HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Absolutely.. why the fuck was their 3 year old outside and in the street?? Beyond that, his profession is irrelevant unless he was on duty.. otherwise an armed citizen killed a POS who was attacking him

Comment

Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
        Shitty, but who writes this stuff?
        I see what you did there.
        "You don't so much drive it, more like poke it with a sharp stick and channel the fury when you piss it off."

FFL & LTC Instructor
        http://firstresponsefirearms.com/
        Factory Five MK4 Cobra
        Build thread-http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17889
        http://s1124.photobucket.com/albums/l571/BlitzAttack65/
        www.wix.com/cdurhamwot/blitzattack-mk4-build
        sigpic

Comment

Cop or not omg what a shitty situation. He dumps the bike as a only ditch effort, hits a 4 yr old, and pissed off dad and cousin proceed to beat his ass. Where was the dad and cousin when the kid ran out and why was she outside? God this is horrible but cop did right IMO. It was clearly an accident but enraged father got crazy with it. Sucks either way u spin it.

Comment

With the cop on this one. The kid was not being watched, and it sounds like the cop did everything he could to not hit her.

Comment

Clearly, it was the cop's fault nobody was paying attention to the little girl. Wtf?
              Originally posted by BradM
              But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
              Originally posted by Leah
              In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Its a tragedy & I feel bad for all the partys involved! Nobody was wrong in my eyes. I feel for the Father & for the little girl & the cop. Poor cop has to carry this on his conscious for the rest of his life. The father was wrong if anyone was wrong. I can understand his reflex reaction. But my reflex reaction would have been getting my child help. Not worrying about getting the person back who did this to my little girl.
                GOD BLESS TEXAS
                August Landscaping
                214-779-7278
                Seb's high class.
                He'll mow your grass.
                He'll kick your ass.
                And while his kidney stones pass,
                He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

On the cops side on this one......

Comment

“At that point he’s defending his life — he’s on the ground, he’s about to lose consciousness from the people who are beating him and draws his weapon in defense of his life,” Camden said. “The officer responded accordingly.”
                    Why is it okay for this cop, but not Zimmerman?

As the article goes, I'd have to side with the cop as well. Just seems biased and like 99% of them out there, not very well investigated...etc.

However, if she ran out and he did all that to stop from hitting her - it's hard to have any hard feelings as a 3rd party.
                    Originally posted by MR EDD
                    U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

The beginning of this article is absurd. It has absolutely nothing in common with the previous instance of the father killing the dude who touched his kid.

Comment

I wonder what kind of street this was on. 15-30mph on residential or was he at hwy speed.

Sucks for all involved, If it would have just been the dad beating the cop id understand. Heat of the moment passion sort of thing. Rip little girl.

Comment

The little girl didn't die thank god but as a dad I can't say I could or would react any different . I also agree that its not the cops fault the kid was in the street but even with it being the dad's fault for letting her get there the instant rage at seeing your child hurt is very hard to control . I pray I am never put in that situation.
                          Big Rooster Racing

Comment

Originally posted by ThreeFingerPete View Post
                            The beginning of this article is absurd. It has absolutely nothing in common with the previous instance of the father killing the dude who touched his kid.
                            ^^no shit. Ridiculous comparison.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                              Clearly, it was the cop's fault nobody was paying attention to the little girl. Wtf?
                              You miss the part where the article stated the kid was with an adult who was also struck?

Comment

Working...
                              X