Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Troops are finally being armed in Afghanistan

Really? Finally? In Iraq we were always locked and loaded

Kabul, Afghanistan (CNN) -- The uptick in attacks by Afghan security forces against coalition troops has hit home, with all troops at NATO headquarters and all bases across Afghanistan now ordered to carry loaded weapons around the clock, CNN learned Friday.

Gen. John Allen, the NATO commander in Afghanistan, ordered the move, according to a U.S. official with direct knowledge of the orders. The order, made in recent days, was divulged amid two more so-called green-on-blue or insider attacks Friday.

An Afghan police officer opened fire on U.S. troops in Farah province in southwestern Afghanistan, killing two service members, the NATO-led command said. Two International Security Assistance Force troops and an Afghan service member was wounded by another Afghan service member in Kandahar province, in the south.

The order comes as coalition forces adopt and study measures aimed at thwarting such attacks.
    Pentagon: Afghans killing U.S. troops
    The hunt for Taliban leader

In Afghan combat situations, all troops are armed. But at other locations, only base security forces had been regularly armed. Those troops have been called into action when insurgents have launched attacks on the base.

Coalition steps up fight against Afghan 'green-on-blue' attacks

Now, anyone who goes to the base headquarters would see that all troops, regardless of their tasks, carry weapons with a magazine of ammunition attached, a U.S. official confirmed.

Troops now could fire against an attacker within seconds by sliding a lever on their weapons to make a round drop into the firing chamber. Loaded weapons are being carried both in the open outdoor areas of the base and inside buildings and meeting rooms.

After a spate of “green-on-blue” attacks, all troops at NATO bases in Afghanistan will carry loaded weapons around the clock, a source says.
    I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

There's an easy fix to this shit. Kick every fucking local national off base. Everyone not in uniform is a potential threat. We can be 100% self supporting, and we need to be. I understand training the locals, but if stuff like this keeps happening some drastic change needs to happen. Either we need to get serious and finish this fucking war WWII style, or come home. Fuck "Winning the Hearts and Minds" Fuck training the corruprt and crooked AA and AP's.
    DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

That's actually my solution. If you're not a US soldier on base, you're unarmed and strip searched every few hours by a woman with her hands dipped in pig fat. And you don't see Obama demanding an apology from Karzai do you?
      I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Working...
      X