Man ties 3 dogs to railroad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man ties 3 dogs to railroad

On Wednesday, August 15, People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) offered a $5,000 reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of a man who tied three dogs to railroad tracks in Cleveland, Ohio, last week. Two of the helpless animals were hit and killed by a fast-moving train. One survived (pictured) because she was able to get off the rails and crouch down far enough to avoid the train.

According to Police Lieutenant Mark Ketterer, this horrible cruelty occurred in the historical Tremont area, near the riverfront overlooking downtown Cleveland, where a bridge monitor found the one surviving dog and the bodies of the other two on a secluded stretch of tracks.

The worker told police that he had seen the surviving dog being tied to the tracks and someone appeared to be taking photographs or video of it, but he could not get to the location until after the man had gone and a train had passed, killing the two dogs, the Cleveland Plains Dealer reports.

Cuyahoga County Animal Shelter Manager Lesley DeSouza said Wednesday that, after Friday, which ends the mandated waiting period to allow the owner to reclaim the dog, the survivor will be offered for adoption.

She’s very gentle. She’s playful. She’s about 2 years old,” DeSouza said. “She is amazingly friendly, and she likes to sit on your lap. She’s a lap dog. We’re just stunned that a dog that went through all this so quickly has adapted herself.” She is a mixed breed about 22 pounds and 14 inches tall. The shelter has named her Chessie. She had a pink collar that might indicate that she was someone’s pet, DeSouza said.

“Somebody purposely took these dogs down to the railroad tracks. It’s an isolated area. The chances of being observed are very slim. The remote location without nearby homes suggests the man wanted to harm the dogs without being noticed,” DeSouza said.

PETA Director Martin Mersereau suggested whoever tied the animals to the tracks could “pose a serious threat to all animals — including humans,” according to the Associated Press.

Pic of saved dog:

For the illiterate: http://abcnews.go.com/US/video/dogs-...vives-17018215
    De Oppresso Liber.

What a dastardly deed!
    Originally posted by Nash B.
    Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. If it'll cheer you up, Geor swallows. And even if it doesn't cheer you up, it cheers him up.

Comment

Maybe He was just trying to spay/neuter the dogs?

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
        Maybe He was just trying to spay/neuter the dogs?
        Oh shit maybe it was Bob Barker!
        Originally posted by Nash B.
        Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. If it'll cheer you up, Geor swallows. And even if it doesn't cheer you up, it cheers him up.

Comment

Hopefully, whoever did this will die by fire ants.

Comment

fucking disgusting.

if i knew who did this, i would simply kill them with no regard for any legal repercussions. this person needs immediate death.
            www.hppmotorsports.com
            ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

He probably grew up watching Olive Oil get tied to the train tracks only to be rescued by Popeye.
              Last edited by Leah; Yesterday at 10:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by momo View Post
                fucking disgusting.

if i knew who did this, i would simply kill them with no regard for any legal repercussions. this person needs immediate death.
                I wouldn't, however he would most likely find that fate tied him to a set of train tracks.
                I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Maybe he was just trying to train them to behave?

Comment

Originally posted by MustangPoser View Post
                    Maybe he was just trying to train them to behave?
                    If so, he was on the wrong track.

Comment

Originally posted by 90MarkVII View Post
                      If so, he was on the wrong track.
                      Okay enough, let's have some respect and not derail this topic.

Comment

This is the kind of behavior of a serial killer. I would think the police should put a lot of resources into his capture, as at this point, its incredibily likely the man who did this has harmed or killed a person.

Comment

Originally posted by 32vfromhell View Post
                          This is the kind of behavior of a serial killer. I would think the police should put a lot of resources into his capture, as at this point, its incredibily likely the man who did this has harmed or killed a person.
                          They will eventually track him down. The fact that anyone could do this to their animals is crushing. PETA will be railing for his capture - someone will recognize these dogs and turn him in...

Comment

I hope this guy has a train run on his caboose when he gets to prison...
                            Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
                            Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

Originally posted by momo View Post
                              fucking disgusting.

I love dogs, but no way am I going to spend life in prison for 2 dogs that are already dead.

Comment

Working...
                              X