Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Had no clue stereo receivers from the 70's were a cash cow on ebay.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I never needed a job when I was in my teens because I was the Whiteboy of 70's audio on ebay. I got out when the bottom dropped out maybe 5 years ago. Maybe I need to start looking again.

Comment

My dad has an old Technics amplifier and some Panasonic speakers that he got new in '75. They still sound bad ass to this day! I wonder what one I those sell for. *goes and looks*
      Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

I've got an old Marantz that my old man gave me when I was a kid that he bought with his first paycheck after college. Hell, I was using it up until a few years ago because it sounded MUCH better than newer receivers that were rated at 2 or 3x the power(although admittedly nothing high-end).

I may have to see what its worth...
        2016 Chevrolet SS 6M

Comment

Turns out its a Realistic SA-1000A and there is one selling for $20..... Lame.
          Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

Buncha hipsters buying this shit!

Comment

Hipsters with credit cards.
              "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

hawt damn wonder what I could get for this beast

Comment

Originally posted by SSMAN View Post
                  Had a friend ebay off a Pioneer SX1980 receiver and a guy out of Oklahoma bought it for $2000.00.

270 watts per channel. Wow.
                  The 1980's are the king of the price wars on ebay. The Sansui 33000 or Technics SA-1000 aren't far behind. The Technics was my dream reciever when I was younger. It had 330 WPC. I wish I had bought a 1980 about 10 years ago when you could get them for about $300. That was still high then.

Comment

Working...
                  X