No announcement yet.

Why no 5.0L in 2012 Expedition?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've heard and read that 2015 is supposed to be the big year for the Expedition...said to be a completely new platform with all new power-plants. Hell it's about time b/c they've been essentially the same vehicle with a few cosmetic upgrades for way longer than the GM competition. It's been the same basic platform since what...1997? GM's been through 3 different platforms in the same time.

I really like the Expeditions too...IMO the newer ones are a much more quality built vehicle fit & finish-wise as compared to the GM's...interiors are much nicer. It's just except for that 1 crucial thing....the powerplants...and that's a deal breaker for sure. I think they could squeeze several more years out of the existing platform by just offerng it with the same power options as the new F150's....but I suppose an all new one will be interesting as well.
    70' Chevelle RagTop
    (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
      I have no clue.
      But considering they changed drivetrain options to fwd/awd, i can't see a reason to consider them anymore for the price.
      You're thinking explorer. The expedition is still rwd/4wd.

Comment

The Expedition needs a re-design. I wouldn't be surprised though, if they're trying to get rid of excess engines produced.
        "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Working...
        X