Rustic Furniture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rustic Furniture

So I'm getting married in May and have never really bought nice/new furniture before. We are looking at getting some rustic looking furniture and probably going to start with a bedroom set and move our way to the living room/dining room stuff. I have found some decent websites for what seems like pretty good pricing. Anything I should steer clear of or look for? Also, where would you recommend getting a good king size mattress set for not a ton of money. We are trying to not go too crazy on spending, but we want quality stuff that will last.

If you're not shopping at Stacey, you're burning money....

Comment

My entire house is rustic, but I know nothing about Amarillo area. I will say you need to orange oil it regularly. Also, I would avoid buying sofas, loveseats, etc from a place that sells rustic. I've had 2 different family members buy them and they did not last a year. If you need ideas I'll help as best I can.

Comment

Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
        If you're not shopping at Stacey, you're burning money....
        I just looked on their website and didn't see any pricing. I didn't care for most of it, but there were a few exceptions. Alot of it seemed kind of yuppyish to me.

Comment

Originally posted by downshift_me View Post
          My entire house is rustic, but I know nothing about Amarillo area. I will say you need to orange oil it regularly. Also, I would avoid buying sofas, loveseats, etc from a place that sells rustic. I've had 2 different family members buy them and they did not last a year. If you need ideas I'll help as best I can.
          I saw alot of stuff I liked on www.rusticfurnituredepot.com

Heard anything good or bad about them?

Comment

Originally posted by HUNCH View Post
            I just looked on their website and didn't see any pricing. I didn't care for most of it, but there were a few exceptions. Alot of it seemed kind of yuppyish to me.
            One thing I've learned over the years of buying furniture - you get what you pay for.

<-- Yuppy

Comment

Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
              One thing I've learned over the years of buying furniture - you get what you pay for.

<-- Yuppy

I'm not arguing there. Seems like that's how most stuff manufactured is nowadays. I don't wanna really spend a ton of money on something that isn't my style though.

Comment

Sounds like you need to go see the round man with the square deal.

Comment

1212 loop 12

god bless.
                  It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
                    Sounds like you need to go see the round man with the square deal.
                    Thanks for the input!

Comment

I saw alot of stuff I liked on www.rusticfurnituredepot.com

Heard anything good or bad about them?
                      I browsed and I do have the 4 poster star bed (tall) and I'd say it's about $450 cheaper on that site, but I can't find my big entertainment center or dining set. I did notice the legs on his dining sets and posts on the bed seem thinner which I would watch for. I've seen several with the thinner pieces and higher pricing.

I bought my sofa, loveseat and oversized chair from Macy's almost 6 years ago for close to $3500 and they still look brand new. My Dad and brother both have rustic, too and in that 6 years my dad has bought 4 couches (no kids or entertaining at his house.) My Bro has had 3 and his kids really just started getting on the furntire, no pets ever and minimal entertaining (2-4 times a year.) I entertain a few times a month, have kids, etc.

Comment

Thanks for the input!
                        1212 Loop 12! Then call 1-800-Bartend and Jim Adler, the Texas Hammer and you will be in business.

Comment

Originally posted by downshift_me View Post
                          I browsed and I do have the 4 poster star bed (tall) and I'd say it's about $450 cheaper on that site, but I can't find my big entertainment center or dining set. I did notice the legs on his dining sets and posts on the bed seem thinner which I would watch for. I've seen several with the thinner pieces and higher pricing.

I bought my sofa, loveseat and oversized chair from Macy's almost 6 years ago for close to $3500 and they still look brand new. My Dad and brother both have rustic, too and in that 6 years my dad has bought 4 couches (no kids or entertaining at his house.) My Bro has had 3 and his kids really just started getting on the furntire, no pets ever and minimal entertaining (2-4 times a year.) I entertain a few times a month, have kids, etc.
                          Thanks for the solid post. I think I might look into getting a bedroom set and living room tables/entertainment center from there, and get couches/love seat and a chair elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
                            1212 Loop 12! Then call 1-800-Bartend and Jim Adler, the Texas Hammer and you will be in business.
                            Again, thanks for the solid info! The world would be lost without you

Comment

Now I feel like you're being sarcastic.

Comment

Working...
                              X