Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

hit and run but got the plate number what to do!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hit and run but got the plate number what to do!

my gf bought a new honda 3 days later some canadian backs into it at walgreens gets out looks at it then leaves while my gf is in the store. someone at the store got the plate number etc. cops were called etc report filed. progressive is trying to say that the owner of the vehicle is denying the accident so we arent sure if they are gonna pay. sois she gonna be sol if progressive denies the claim? thx

Originally posted by QIK46 View Post
    my gf bought a new honda 3 days later some canadian backs into it at walgreens gets out looks at it then leaves while my gf is in the store. someone at the store got the plate number etc. cops were called etc report filed. progressive is trying to say that the owner of the vehicle is denying the accident so we arent sure if they are gonna pay. sois she gonna be sol if progressive denies the claim? thx
    With a police report, Walgreens may be willing to review security tapes.

Comment

Just get the address of the perp and go bash the car they are driving in..

Comment

Originally posted by Treasure Chest View Post
        With a police report, Walgreens may be willing to review security tapes.
        This^

Did you get a report number? Call the PD's traffic investigation unit and make sure that they have the witness info and plate. Suggest that there is footage from Walgreens.

Comment

Depends on how bad you want it maybe get a lawyer to send them a letter that may change their tune.

Comment

officer said that they checked out the address but the apt is vacant. i guess we'll try the videotape deal and see what happens. thx

Comment

Last resort is to file on her own insurance and hopefully they will go after the other driver and recoup your deductible.

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
                This^

Did you get a report number? Call the PD's traffic investigation unit and make sure that they have the witness info and plate. Suggest that there is footage from Walgreens.
                What, we can't just go lynch him and save ya'll the trouble??

Comment

Originally posted by QIK46 View Post
                  officer said that they checked out the address but the apt is vacant. i guess we'll try the videotape deal and see what happens. thx
                  Have the officer search their citation file and see if anyone has gotten a ticket recently in the vehicle. If that person matches the description of the driver from today, then "BINGO!" you have a solid lead.

This is a good use for citations. It puts a person in a particular vehicle in a particular location at a particular time.

Tickets are invaluable for investigations.

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
                    Have the officer search their citation file and see if anyone has gotten a ticket recently in the vehicle. If that person matches the description of the driver from today, then "BINGO!" you have a solid lead.

This is a good use for citations. It puts a person in a particular vehicle in a particular location at a particular time.

Tickets are invaluable for investigations.
                    But how often does a popo want to do this for a civilian?
                    And do most popos know this?

Comment

Originally posted by sosoe View Post
                      It depends on how nicely you ask.

Comment

Originally posted by sosoe View Post
                        I would think that most departments have a data mining tool that would check tickets, offense/incident reports and accident reports for info. Every officer SHOULD do this as basic investigation.

Comment

Originally posted by Treasure Chest View Post
                          It depends on how nicely you ask.
                          I'm sure the terts would help!

Comment

Hrm...

Comment

Burn their caravan.

Comment

Working...
                              X