I got a used Shop-vac and I have questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got a used Shop-vac and I have questions

Someone gave me a Shop-vac brand vacuum but it doesn't have any bags or filters. I am trying to figure out what it needs. I see these round air filters cartridges, foam sleeve, and some kind of disk filter that looks like a coffee filter. Besides all that, do I have to use a bag? Is the foam sleeve to use on around the cartridge filter or in place of it? Where does the disk filter go?

Nope, no bag. The filter keeps the room from filling with dust and everything else goes in the container
    I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Mine uses a bag. Just remember to remove all that shit if you use as a wet vac.
      Originally posted by BradM
      But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
      Originally posted by Leah
      In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

what brand is it?

The foam should go around the filter. Its a prefilter of sorts. Most dont use a bag

Comment

If the hose blows, you have the other end in the wrong hole.

I like the cartridge filter. Easy on/off when switching between wet and dry pick up. It is great for sucking out toilet water when the squids clog it up. Dry has many uses.
          Rich

Comment

Originally posted by Frank View Post
            Someone gave me a Shop-vac brand vacuum but it doesn't have any bags or filters. I am trying to figure out what it needs. I see these round air filters cartridges, foam sleeve, and some kind of disk filter that looks like a coffee filter. Besides all that, do I have to use a bag? Is the foam sleeve to use on around the cartridge filter or in place of it? Where does the disk filter go?
            Use bag on all dry products. Wet, use with out bag. Yes use all filters. Bag prevents dry products from sucking into your motor. If you need a pic. I can shoot one of mine.

Comment

2 shop vacs at work. One uses bag and filter. The other just uses filter. The one with the bag works WAY better because the filter does not get clogged up with MDF dust from the router. Use a bag, foam pre filter, and regular filter if you can.

Comment

Shop-Vac is the recognized world leader in wet/dry vacuum cleaners. For more than 40 years, Shop-Vac has manufactured innovative, high quality vacuum cleaners, filters and accessories.

whats it look like?
                http://dfwdirtriders.com/ New Website for the off road peeps

Comment

Originally posted by SNEAKY View Post
                  Its kinda like this. It must be an older model. Its kinda small.

Comment

Working...
                  X