Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Strongest over the counter for a tweaked back?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strongest over the counter for a tweaked back?

Went to pull a tarp up as I was bent over and felt something pop in my lower right back much like when you double over a belt and snap it. I can still walk and move but it's killing me. What's the strongest over the counter medicine? Anyone else ever had something similar happen to them? Did I pull it? How long does this take to heal?

Take an anti inflamatory and drink some Nyquil.
    I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Whiskey!

I've got a screwed up back from workout injuries/car accident and so far nothing has truly improved it, but Tiger Balm gives some temporary relief. Be warned that it does smell and not great.

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
        Take an anti inflamatory and drink some Nyquil.
        What's a good anti inflam?

Comment

Originally posted by JFurst View Post
          Motrin. And lots of it

Comment

Advil, Motrin, Aleve, etc.

Comment

Advil. Take like 5.

Comment

Went to pull a tarp up as I was bent over and felt something pop in my lower right back much like when you double over a belt and snap it. I can still walk and move but it's killing me. What's the strongest over the counter medicine? Anyone else ever had something similar happen to them? Did I pull it? How long does this take to heal?
                A lot of Aleve or Motrin helps me, along with a soak in the jacuzzi. The good news is that you've predicted Obama to get back in office, so his health-care plan will fix you right up! ;-)

Comment

if you are at least around 200lbs then you can take up like 5-6 advil...Make sure you eat a little something before taking that much advil cause it will upset your stomach without any food in there

Comment

A loud pop is not good. Go to the doctor.
                    ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
                      A loud pop is not good. Go to the doctor.
                      Good advice. You likely blew a disc. I never heard mine, but many do.

My choice is Bayer back and body. If that doesn't cut it, I go to hydrocodone(?)
                      sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                      17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                      13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                      86 SVO - Sold
                      '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                      01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                      65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

I was hit by a semi in 04 and when I throw my back out, it's hydrocodone, Exederin Migraine and Nyquil
                        I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

A line of coke sometimes helps also.

Comment

Originally posted by Chas_svo View Post
                            Good advice. You likely blew a disc. I never heard mine, but many do.

My choice is Bayer back and body. If that doesn't cut it, I go to hydrocodone(?)
                            How does a blown disc feel different than a pulled lower back muscle?

Comment

How does a blown disc feel different than a pulled lower back muscle?
                              I had 2 herniated discs. It can create a really sharp pain from the bulging disc pinching a nerve. It makes your back spasm also. It hurts a lot worse than a pulled muscle. Mine was so bad it made my right leg go numb.

Comment

Working...
                              X