No announcement yet.

abandoned car question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So since this car sounds like it's probably at an apartment complex, in the parking garage, and assuming his friend did absolutely no work to it, how does the OP go about taking possession?

Comment

Originally posted by Ted View Post
      So since this car sounds like it's probably at an apartment complex, in the parking garage, and assuming his friend did absolutely no work to it, how does the OP go about taking possession?
      Find the owner of the car. Only legal way

Comment

I think this tard has seen a car not move for a long time and decided that he wants to own it for free
        Originally posted by Nash B.
        Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. If it'll cheer you up, Geor swallows. And even if it doesn't cheer you up, it cheers him up.

Comment

There was an old clapped out Impala (80's) parked in our parking garage at work on Brentwood Stair Road for over a year. All covered in dust, flat tire, etc. It was parked where I usually parked so one day I ran into the building superintendent and told him about it. He called the cops and they determined that the car had been used in a bank robbery a year before and no one knew what ever happened to it.
          sigpic
          Old Fords Rule

Comment

Leave peoples Shit alone. Fucking free loader. Its in a parking garage for a reason.

Comment

it looks like a 2000 model Viper GTSr.. Its just been there forever and people drawing all over it and setting stuffed animals on it.. Its just not right lol..

I figured I would try to get a hold of the guy and try and make a deal since obviously he is not using it. I had read about something if it was your property or the mechanics lean thing.. but since its a parking garage i figured there was nothing.

Comment

pics and location? probably needs gas, are the tires aired up?
                I'll come get it later.

Comment

post up the Vin i wouldn't doubt it if it turned out to be registered in the name of some drug dealers wife, mom, gf or daughter and ended up being the only thing cops didn't seize.
                  Most of the time they (registered owner) is to scared to even go see it let alone pick it up since they are so paranoid to be involved with said dealer rides with fear of being brought up on charges.
                  saw it in a movie once it could happen!

Comment

Originally posted by Gear_Jammer View Post
                    There's nothing to file since presumably work was done to it and it never left the garage. It's called a possessory lien and the lien is perfected by mere possession based on it never leaving the garage. M&M liens and filings are something completely different.

The 30 days after completion part isn't correct. I have clients that have kept cars/ heavy equipment/etc. for years. All you have to do is send the registered owner and all lien holders notice of claiming the lien, if there's no response you send another notice telling them when and where the public sale will take place (i.e. the garage), post an ad in the paper prior to the sale and then sell it at the public sale. If nobody shows up, you bid it in yourself for the amount that's owed for the work on the car and you become the owner. My clients always handle getting the new title and all that, so I'm not exactly sure how to do that.

It's really simple. What's the car worth?
                    I've had a dozer stored on my place for over 10 years, we started charging 3$ a day storage fees about 9 1/2 years ago (the owner was notified, and aware of it). We sent him a certified letter about 9 weeks ago detailing the storage fees and requesting him to pay up, but of course no answer yet. We were told the next step was to file in small claims court, but from what I'm seeing in your post, I could auction it after letting him know and posting in the paper?

Comment

Possession is 9/10 of the law

Comment

Originally posted by SMKR View Post
                        Possession is 9/10 of the law
                        Not even close.
                        ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by yale View Post
                          not even close.
                          3/32?
                          Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                          HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Sent from my DROID RAZR

Comment

Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
                              3/32?
                              Sold!
                              ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

I've had 2 cars parked at a garage for about a year. I check on them once a month just to be sure no one has messed with them and the batteries aren't dead

Comment

Working...
                                X