Junkyard rant.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Junkyard rant.

This is just a rant and a warning to stay away from Sanchez Auto Body & Parts in Grand Prairie. I have been dealing with these guys for a few years now and I have never once had an issue until now. I called them on Tuesday looking for a Saturn L300 engine, which they had in stock, tested with 65K miles for $1000. It was a bit more than a few yards around dallas, but I know these people, so I went with them.

I had some shit to do in Grand Prairie, so I went over there, paid in full with cash and they said it would be ready in a few hours. I ran my errands and three hours later I got a call saying that their mechanic sliced himself up badly and had to go to the hospital and they asked if I could pick it up the motor on Wednesday. I said fine, not a problem. It's a 60 mile drive for me, but shit happens and I can understand that.

I called on Wednesday morning and they said it would be ready after 3PM. Called at 2:30 and he only had one guy pulling stuff and it would be ready by 5PM. Called at 4:30 and his only mechanic had heat exhaustion and had to go home. He apologized and said it would be ready today.

Called this morning and it was supposed to be ready by by 4PM. Called at 3:30 and what a shock, it's not going to be ready till tomorrow morning. I snapped, chewed him out, so he apologized again and said he would light a fire under his mechanic and try to get it done by 5PM. Called at 4:30 and it's definitely in the morning. He claims that he is going to have it shut down so they can catch up and should be open after 10AM.

That motor is NOT that hard to pull, any monkey should be able to do it in 3 hours. Starting to feel like they have my money, so I can go fuck myself. I am going in the morning, I am not even going to call these assholes and if that engine isn't there, they had better damned well have my money waiting on the table.

TL;DR Version:

They took my money, 3 days worth of excuses and I still don't have my motor. Stay away from Sanchez.

Sanchez did you Dirty, Dirty Sanchez...
    Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
    Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

they are putting you off to buy some time, A) It was bad, and they are trying to buy another car to get you an engine, or B) they actually brokered it from somewhere else and fell through or was sold before they called on it, and are trying to get another or waiting for it to come in.

Ask for a vin and carfax/autocheck on the miles, too.

<-- in the biz.
      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by 347Mike View Post
        Sanchez did you Dirty, Dirty Sanchez...
        say wut!

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
          they are putting you off to buy some time, A) It was bad, and they are trying to buy another car to get you an engine, or B) they actually brokered it from somewhere else and fell through or was sold before they called on it, and are trying to get another or waiting for it to come in.

<-- in the biz.
          Precisely what I was thinking..
          Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
          Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

Once again, I am sorry. We will get it done for you first thing tomorrow morning.
            DirtySanchez.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post

<-- in the biz.

That is what I was figuring too. Still last time I bought an engine from them, I saw the car they were pulling it from, so am wondering if they broke the engine trying to get it out.

Comment

Probably buying one from another yard for $500. LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
                  Probably buying one from another yard for $500. LOL!
                  I couldn't give a rats ass if they got it from the pick N pull for $249, so long as it's a good running engine and I get it in a timely fashion.

Comment

I'm not going to saw they didn't have it and something went wrong, but it sure sounds fishy if it is there.

The smaller yards tend to trade around a lot since they can only have so many cars. I work for the largest recycler in the world, we have billions in inventory around the world, so I don't broker parts very often. Not to mention we have a very hard time getting refunds out of the independent yards.
                    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Someone say junkyard?

How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Is it normal to pay up front before you get your part?
                        I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
                          Is it normal to pay up front before you get your part?
                          Usually so if they don't already have it pulled.

Comment

Ah, thanks. It just sounded fishy that they'd want full payment before you even saw the engine.
                            I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

They never had that engine.... Way too many excuses to even be a legit deal from the get-go.

Comment

Working...
                              X