Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you move somewhere just for the weather?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I could move to Hawaii.
    Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

another vote for Colorado. A buddy of mine that grew up here in DFW posts CO temps on FB several times a week and I keep thinking about moving there. Besides the weather it's also a damn nice looking state, parks, hunting, snow sports, cold rivers....

Comment

I expected the Rocky Mountains to be a little rockier than this.
        Originally posted by davbrucas
        I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by 347Mike View Post
          Have been to plenty of states to know that I will most likely always call tx home. There may be one exception and that's Colorado but I'm pretty content in Texas.
          I agree with most of this, and I too have spent time in most of the 50 states. I like the North Carolina/Kentucky area the best, but there's no way I could leave Dallas. I had a pretty nice job offer in Houston, but I just couldn't pull the trigger. With the exception of an aunt/uncle in California(who still own their house in Plano and will move back when they retire), ALL of my family lives within a 40 mile radius of each-other in the Dallas area. I've lived here all my life, 90% of my friends are here, I just don't think I could move.

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
            I expected the Rocky Mountains to be a little rockier than this.
            Yeah, that john Denver is full of shit man!!
            .....bro....

Comment

I was in Dallas this past weekend. Mother of fucking all that is bad it was HOT! Yesterday evening I road my bike and it was right at 100. Swear to god it felt like 75. No humidity FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by chuckacosta View Post
                I was in Dallas this past weekend. Mother of fucking all that is bad it was HOT! Yesterday evening I road my bike and it was right at 100. Swear to god it felt like 75. No humidity FTW!
                El Paso?
                .....bro....

Comment

To answer your question, yes, I would absofuckinglutely move somewhere just for the weather.
                  When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckacosta View Post
                    Did you ride it on the asphalt rode?

Comment

I have lived in quite a few states and although southern California was the nicest weather wise, fuck living in that expensive state. Second best option is Colorado, been here 2 years and temps never touched 100, low humidity, and it only snows a few days out of the year. And a few fires every now and then, got insurance for that.
                      De Oppresso Liber.

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
                        To answer your question, yes, I would absofuckinglutely move somewhere just for the weather.
                        Agreed. I'm open to leaving whenever I can afford to. I hate the gd heat and thunderstorms and having to put my cars in storage for fear of hail and shit.

I hate heat, I've thought about Seattle, but have never been. Cool (45-60) and rainy most days would fucken own. Anything over 70 degrees is uncomfortable to me, I miss San Francisco weather where it drops into 50s almost everyday, even if its 90 during a summer day. I just don't miss SF because its over priced and boring.

Comment

Originally posted by STROKD View Post
                          Agreed. I'm open to leaving whenever I can afford to. I hate the gd heat and thunderstorms and having to put my cars in storage for fear of hail and shit.

I hate heat, I've thought about Seattle, but have never been. Cool (45-60) and rainy most days would fucken own. Anything over 70 degrees is uncomfortable to me, I miss San Francisco weather where it drops into 50s almost everyday, even if its 90 during a summer day. I just don't miss SF because its over priced and boring.
                          You like to drive fast cars but wouldn't mine living in a place where the roads are wet or snowy half of the year?

Comment

Originally posted by ThreeFingerPete View Post
                            You like to drive fast cars but wouldn't mine living in a place where the roads are wet or snowy half of the year?
                            Half?
                            sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                            17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                            13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                            86 SVO - Sold
                            '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                            01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                            65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

That is one of the major reasons I'm going to california

Comment

Originally posted by Chas_svo View Post
                                Half?
                                Lol, I was being conservative.

Comment

Working...
                                X