• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good stuff, Eric. Thanks.
    sigpic
    Old Fords Rule

Comment

very touching.
      May God give us strength and courage in the time of our darkest hours.
      Semper Fi

Comment

What a loving master. I have a 12-year-old MinPin that is the most loving, gentle, gorgeous dog I've ever owned. I hope as she gets older I can comfort her like he does.

Comment

Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
          scuba cop?
          Scuba Steve
          Originally posted by 03trubluGT
          Your opinion is what sucks.
          You are too stupied and arrogant

Comment

My Chow-Chow Sydnie lived for about 12 years and my German Shepard PJ lived to about 12 years as well. I had to bury Sydnie and it was the worst thing I ever had to do. I've vowed to never own a dog again.
            Originally posted by Silverback
            Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
              My Chow-Chow Sydnie lived for about 12 years and my German Shepard PJ lived to about 12 years as well. I had to bury Sydnie and it was the worst thing I ever had to do. I've vowed to never own a dog again.
              We had our chocolate lab Scout from when I was ten to when I was 24. Taking her to vet and watching her slip away as the drugs they pumped into her slowly put her to sleep and then stopped her heart was the hardest thing I have ever had to do. I'm actually starting to cry just thinking about it. She was the best dog anyone could have ever hoped for. Caring and protective to the end. Since then my parents have purchased another dog, but I don't think I can bring myself to get one for my family, as I don't want to go through any of it again. But, god dammit, dogs are just so awesome.

Comment

When you have to say goodbye to your dog, it takes a piece of your heart away, but fills that empty spot with alot of good memories. As Ratt said, dogs are awesome.
                sigpic

Comment

So fucking cool.

A photograph of a man wading in Lake Superior with his 19-year-old arthritic dog captured the hearts of millions when it was posted online last month--an outpouring that inspired the dog's owner to launch a foundation to help low-income families care for their aging canines.

John Unger says Schoep's Legacy Foundation has raised more than $25,000 since Unger and his dog, Schoep, were photographed by a friend, who posted the image to Facebook.

Before the photo was taken, Unger and his veterinarian had been considering putting Schoep down.

"Without treatment, John and I were talking about euthanasia at the end of July," Erik Haukass, the vet, told the Daily Mail. But through the unsolicited donations from people who saw the photo, Unger was able to treat Schoep and extend his life.

"Schoep is doing incredible right now," Unger said. 'The therapies that the people have donated--it's like turning back the clock a year and a half."
                  The foundation was created, Haukass added, when the pair "realized we had received more money than we would reasonably spend on Schoep's care."

"It could help another 30 or 40 Schoeps," Haukass said.

The "Official Fan Page of Schoep and John" has more than 20,000 "likes," and Hudson has been selling prints of the photo to benefit the cause.

"This 19-year-old [Schoep is] being cradled in his father's arms last night in Lake Superior," Hannah Stonehouse Hudson, the photographer, wrote in the Facebook post that sparked the outpouring. "Schoep falls asleep every night when he is carried into the lake. The buoyancy of the water soothes his arthritic bones. Lake Superior is very warm right now, so the temperature of the water is perfect. I was so happy I got to capture this moment for John. By the way, John rescued Schoep as an 8-month-old puppy, and he's been by his side through many adventures."

Hudson, a professional photographer, told the Pioneer Press that business is booming since the photo of Unger and Schoep was published--so much so that she recently hired her first employee plus an intern.

"I would say a 30 percent increase in shoots," Hudson said. "Who knew a favor to a friend would turn into this? It's completely surreal."

Because of the public's generosity, Schoep has been getting expensive joint laser treatments to reduce pain and swelling related to arthritis.

"He's walking so much faster," the 49-year-old Unger said. "It's unbelievable."

Comment

Read this today. What a wonderful story.
                    sigpic
                    Old Fords Rule

Comment

What a great story! Thanks for sharing something positive for once, fuckface!

Token Split Tail

Originally posted by slow99
                      Lmao...my favorite female poster strikes again.
                      Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz
                      You are a moron .... you were fucking with the most powerful vagina on DFW(MU)stangs.

Comment

Originally posted by Leah View Post
                        What a great story! Thanks for sharing something positive for once, fuckface!

Eat a dick, bitch!

Comment

That dog needs to be shot, it is about to attack.
                          Originally posted by racrguy
                          What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                          Originally posted by racrguy
                          Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

World's oldest dog was 29 years old

Comment

Do those of you who won't ever get another dog feel its fair to your family/kids to deprive them of the love and companionship only a dog can give? That's sad & pretty selfish IMO.

I get sad when I think about my dogs passing, but its part of life. Except for when I. Think of the chihuahua kicking the bucket. Then I grin a little since she's the devil incarnate.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                                Eat a dick, bitch!
                                Done.
                                Originally posted by Kimmypie View Post
                                Except for when I. Think of the chihuahua kicking the bucket. Then I grin a little since she's the devil incarnate.
                                QFMFT!
                                Token Split Tail

Originally posted by slow99
                                Lmao...my favorite female poster strikes again.
                                Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz
                                You are a moron .... you were fucking with the most powerful vagina on DFW(MU)stangs.

Comment

Working...
                                X