Skin Cancer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skin Cancer

I have had a sore on my cheek for quite some time now. Its really just a red spot that comes and goes, but I finally decided to go to the Doc and have it checked out. Long story short, I have a appointment the 17th to have a biopsy done. They think it might be cancer. This doesn't mean its the bad stuff, but I have let it go for a long time. Prolly close to a year.

They asked me when was the last time I went to a Dr. lol, I told them it has been so long that I cant remember. 15 years ago or more. I know, my bad. I just never figured I had anything that needed fixin.

Anyways, keep me in your prayers and thoughts. Kind of freaked out a little.
    Photobucket

Dont sweat it too much, my dad had one on his forehead about the size of a dime, it did turn out to be cancerous but they were able to remove it and went down a layer or two on the skin also and so far a year later it hasnt come back or spread elsewhere. Its nothing to play with, hell I know ive never used sunscreen and ill probably be paying for it later too.
    I actually had one on my face just like a few years back when I used to work outside 10+ hours a day in the sun and after getting an inside job again its gone completely away.

Comment

You'll be fine old man! If it comes back they'll remove it.

Comment

I have been through way too much in my life to let something like this get me. It just makes you think.
        Photobucket

Comment

I have Basil Cell Carcinoma and they cut them off and you will be okay. If it is too deep they will do a Mobs procedure.

Comment

If you're looking for an heir, I'm open to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
              If you're looking for an heir, I'm open to it.
              As long as you take care of all 9 kids and 15 grandkids. Sure, why not!
              Photobucket

Comment

Originally posted by BlackSnake View Post
                9 kids ! ya'll didnt have a damn TV ?

Good luck on the other.
                Vortex rear stand $75
                8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
                My goal in life is to not arrive at the grave in a well preserved body.
                but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

1990 Foxbody GT for that ass
                11 4 door
                13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

Originally posted by 89FivePointOh View Post
                  I have Basil Cell Carcinoma and they cut them off and you will be okay. If it is too deep they will do a Mobs procedure.
                  Basal, and MOHS. I have basal cell, it's hereditary for me. I have one or more (usually 3) spots removed every 6 months or less, and I'm 31. I've had a MOHS procedure done. The hole in my cheek was the size of a golf ball by the time it was done. I had to have plastic surgery to fix it, with I can't even recall how many surface and under surface stitches.

Don't let that shit go. I did. And even though it's not the killer skin cancer, it fucked me up for a while. I hate doctors, and almost never go. After my issues with skin cancer, that is one appointment I make religiously. Fuck that shit.
                  Originally posted by BradM
                  But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                  Originally posted by Leah
                  In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Oh yeah.... My MOHS procedure lasted nine fucking hours by the time it was all said and done. Plastic surgery the next day lasted 3 hours. The surgeries (with insurance ) were over $15,000. Take care of your skin. Wear your sun block. A little prevention does wonders. But if it's hereditary, you're fucked no matter what.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackSnake View Post
                      New found respect!

Comment

I've had two stage 1 and three pre-cancerous spots removed since I was 7. It certainly does get you thinking. I hope all goes well with the biopsy. Try not to stress until you know something.

Comment

This is precisely why you don't ignore it and let it go. It grows a root. This is after the MOHS micrographic surgery.

After plastic surgery

Comment

Damn! I hope I dont have to go through all that. Looks painful, but at least its taken care of.
                            Photobucket

Comment

Good thoughts sent. Praying for ya.
                              99 Mustang Project JSTA2V
                              going from really slow to just alittle slow

2013 Focus ST the daily cruising the 4 banger

Comment

Working...
                              X