Question about RC cars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about RC cars?

The neighbors had their two boys out playing with some battery operated RC cars. These things ran like the gas powered ones from the old days. I have never seen battery operated cars move like these. How much do those things cost?

One of them would be going around 15 mph and then really take off bringing the front tires off the ground and flipping over backwards. Apparently battery technology has come a long ways.

yes, Lithium Ion has done a lot for battery technology.

Comment

im wondering if i can retro-fit my old electric with a brushless motor and li-ion battery

Comment

Nitro is ancient technology now. If you like everything getting oily and sticky and cleaning it after every run, go ahead and get gas. The electrics are clean and more reliable, and if you run LiPos, a pretty good chance it's faster than anything running on nitro. I've got a 2wd truck that I need to slow down, it will backflip with ease even with the speed controller set at half power and 10oz of lead in the front.

My electric boat runs pretty good too... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EGxCrlP25k
        When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

I want a little RC helicopter that I can fly in the house. Are any of them any good?
          2011 Red Candy Metallic Mustang GT/CS
          99 Trans Am
          69 Camaro SS 350/350

Comment

Originally posted by Old Man View Post
            I want a little RC helicopter that I can fly in the house. Are any of them any good?
            Well, they fly.. But the cheap ones aren't usually very controllable. However, if you lay down a little coin, you can get some pretty bad ass RC choppers for indoor and out door flying.

This on here is one of the best ones out there, but you need an iPhone or iPod Touch, or iPad to fly it..

Comment

Originally posted by black50 View Post
              im wondering if i can retro-fit my old electric with a brushless motor and li-ion battery
              I just say a "how to" on this on the net somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
                Nitro is ancient technology now. If you like everything getting oily and sticky and cleaning it after every run, go ahead and get gas. The electrics are clean and more reliable, and if you run LiPos, a pretty good chance it's faster than anything running on nitro. I've got a 2wd truck that I need to slow down, it will backflip with ease even with the speed controller set at half power and 10oz of lead in the front.

My electric boat runs pretty good too... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EGxCrlP25k
                That is pretty bad ass.

Comment

My wife got me one of these for Christmas.

Pretty easy after a couple tries.

Stevo
                  Originally posted by SSMAN
                  ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Originally posted by black50 View Post
                    You sure can. I have!

Check out the Blade line of helicopters. About $120 read to go for a easy flying, durable and fun indoor heli. This one is leaps and bounds over the other models that you may find in the mall, toys r us, or wal mart.

I work at hobby town in arlington, any questions let me know!

Comment

LITHIUM POLYMER (sp) Not Lithium Ion...Between these and Brushless motors... Nitro is DEAD.

I have a 1/8th Vorza here in the desert with me... 60-65 mph is more than possible... On demand wheelies at 40 mph are hard to keep under control... Yes nitro is dead IMO.

As for Heli's i bought a E-flite SR120 heli... Hands down IMO the best type of Heli to get for true forward flight. Coaxial helis are cool to hover around, but thats it...

The SR120 was a nice step to a true tail rotor heli and is still tame enough for beginners...look into it.

As for retro fitting a brushless motor into an old Eltric car... its easy. just buy a 540 sized motor with speed control, get some lipo's and then buy a shit ton of plstic gears... Any gears that are plstic won't last long...

Oh and look into traxxas VXL series for Ready To Run cars... they are relatively cheap, tough and flat move out..My VXL bandit would EASILY do 70 mph... type in VXL on youtubes.. tons of vids of these vars haulin ass everywhere..

Comment

I have an 1/8th scale buggy that probably does around 60 mph. It will keep up with the nitro cars with no problem, I can even outrun alot of them. The nitro is really cool but, as someone said, it's messy and can be hard to tune.

Barry if you are thinking about one get electric, I will warn you it's not a cheap hobby, especially if you race.

Comment

Electrics are just down right nasty these days.

Ill keep my nitro for now. I just does not feel right to me with out the noise and the smell of the fuel. Hell mine just barely gets to 2nd gear on the track at the farm before i have to slam on the brakes to make the corner. I have flown over the banked corner many many times haha.

Comment

Originally posted by stevo View Post
                            My wife got me one of these for Christmas.

Pretty easy after a couple tries.

Stevo
                            Airwolf theme FTW
                            If you can read this thank a teacher. If it's in English thank a soldier.

Comment

Originally posted by jason07 View Post
                              I have an 1/8th scale buggy that probably does around 60 mph. It will keep up with the nitro cars with no problem, I can even outrun alot of them. The nitro is really cool but, as someone said, it's messy and can be hard to tune.

Barry if you are thinking about one get electric, I will warn you it's not a cheap hobby, especially if you race.
                              Dude..my 4wd slash with a 3cell Lipo and some gearing swap was clocked at 72-74mph...surely your's will do better with a bigger motor and a decent battery.

Comment

Working...
                              X