Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WTH would make fire alarms go off for no reason?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Damnittsteve View Post
    did u fart?

lmgdao!

Comment

Originally posted by 94form2000z View Post
      Of course.. I remember when I first moved in to the house.. I have them in every room, and I had at least two chirping. So instead of being smart I was trying to find those chirping rather than just replacing all batteries. lol oh man that was a losing battle. I finally figured out the dumbassery I was participating in and replaced them all.

I actually just had another one start back up 4 years later. I bought batteries for them all and replaced them all the first time around this time.

Don't worry, I think must of us played that game at least once in our lives. So much better to just replace them all though. haha
      Originally posted by MR EDD
      U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

So wait...you're looking for the reason why fire alarms will go off without a reason?
        Originally posted by Broncojohnny
        HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

my take is no batteries since he says it's hard wired in...

Comment

Originally posted by Nemo View Post
            my take is no batteries since he says it's hard wired in...
            The battery is a backup in case the power is off .

X2 on the fresh batteries.
            X2 on the can of compressed air to clean it out. The photoelectric kind are more sesceptible to dust causing alarms.
            Rich

Comment

Originally posted by Blakeski View Post
              Frank, do you have an alarm system?
              Not connected to these.

Comment

Our hardwired units would go off at random when the batteries got low in any one of the units.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank View Post
                  This morning about 5:30am, the fire alarm in the kids room and the one in our bedroom went off for a few seconds. These are hardwired units. The house is less than 8 months old. I searched every room in the house for any smoke or unusual smell, but nothing. I was too nervous to go back to sleep after that and kept checking every few minutes.

What the heck could cause it? I plan to call the builder about it.
                  Mine do that when there is a power surge/flicker.

Comment

Radiation
                    WRX

Comment

Originally posted by Frank View Post
                      Not connected to these.
                      Same here alarm was wired as part of the build.

This thread made me think and I just changed all 7 in our house. They never go out at the same rate but it is better to change them every six months. If not I will be up at four in the morning trying to figure out which one is chirping.

** edit like they say when time goes forward or back change the batteries.

Comment

Probably a power surge if they haven't gone off again. Batteries could be low, and if they go off again, replace the batteries in all of them. We always recommend that you change the batteries every 6 months when you "change your clocks" for DST. Blow the dust out when you replace the batteries.

If you just want peace of mind, they make little "tabs" that you can put up and they will be discolored in 5-15 minutes if there is any CO in the house. You should be able to find them at any hardware store, and if you live in a big city, the FD will probably have them on their truck and give you one or two if you're really concerned about it.

Comment

Working...
                        X