Sold Car Never Transferred

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sold Car Never Transferred

I sold a 1990 Eagle Talon to some guy in 2/2010. I never did a title transfer notification or anything, I know, stupid. Over 2 years have gone by and I never heard anything regarding this car. Yesterday I receive a toll violation notification for this car. I looked up the tags and the car is still registered to my name. I don't have the guys information anymore and no way of tracking him down. I called NTTA and the DMV and they said that without the buyers info that I am pretty much out of luck.

What are my options? I can't report it stolen since I sold it. I can't transfer it since I don't have the guys info. Am I shit out of luck?

Do you have proof of purchase or that you sold it?

Comment

Send NTTA a dikpic!
      Ded

Comment

Originally posted by RCITNet View Post
        I sold a 1990 Eagle Talon to some guy in 2/2010. I never did a title transfer notification or anything, I know, stupid. Over 2 years have gone by and I never heard anything regarding this car. Yesterday I receive a toll violation notification for this car. I looked up the tags and the car is still registered to my name. I don't have the guys information anymore and no way of tracking him down. I called NTTA and the DMV and they said that without the buyers info that I am pretty much out of luck.

What are my options? I can't report it stolen since I sold it. I can't transfer it since I don't have the guys info. Am I shit out of luck?
        Apply for a lost title.

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by aCid View Post
          Do you have proof of purchase or that you sold it?
          No, I don't have anything remaining from it.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
            Apply for a lost title.
            What would that accomplish? Yes I could get a title but I don't own this car nor do I know where its located.

Comment

get the title, report stolen = car back
              Big Rooster Racing
              1985 Mustang GT

Comment

No, I don't have anything remaining from it.
                Then report it stolen lol

Comment

Might not help with the current violations, but at least will prevent future ones.

Comment

^^^That. I had the same thing happen. I paid my little NTTA due and went and filed it electronically on that site.

Comment

Originally posted by TRAXX View Post
                      https://vision21.dot.state.tx.us/Veh...ification.aspx

Might not help with the current violations, but at least will prevent future ones.
                      This. You half to do this immediately and all fee's, tolls etc will be on them. You'll still have to fight it probably but at least you can prevent any more.

Comment

Never leave the plates on a car when you sell it.
                        Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
                        Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

Originally posted by Trick Pony View Post
                          Never leave the plates on a car when you sell it.
                          x2!!!!!!!!

Comment

Is the car being driven with a registration expired two and a half years, or did he somehow get it registered for two more years in your name?

Stevo
                            Originally posted by SSMAN
                            ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Originally posted by KWClutch View Post
                              This. You half to do this immediately and all fee's, tolls etc will be on them. You'll still have to fight it probably but at least you can prevent any more.
                              ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Working...
                              X