No announcement yet.

Grinch thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I remember when i was a kid i got a set of jacks and we thought that was a the best Christmas ever. Now if kids are not getting cell phones, ipods, laptops, or 100.00 shoes to match up to their friends Christmas, than all hell breaks loose.

I have to agree that the meaning of Christmas has become very materialistic...and for some kids it extremely sad.
    See you later...

Comment

Good God what a bunch of whining cunts. Get the fuck over it and try to have some fun in your short life. Especially you Forrest, you keep jumping into this thread to add a little dash of glum. It's been ages since I've seen you in person but I really don't remember you being a complete killjoy. You've got a lot to be happy about, so even with no kids and no family, take the time to appreciate what you do have. The shopping and commercials are only .00000000001% of Christmas, even if that's the part you choose to dwell on.
      When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
        ...its sickening really. Christmas is supposed to be about the birth of christ. Instead its now about "BLACK FRIDAY", high dollar electronics, sales numbers. The point is lost.
        Hypocrisy at it best, they're the same people that are at Saturday and Sunday Church praising the Lord but can wait to leave it so they won't miss the good sales. ...and yes that was all in one breath.

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
          Good God what a bunch of whining cunts. Get the fuck over it and try to have some fun in your short life. Especially you Forrest, you keep jumping into this thread to add a little dash of glum. It's been ages since I've seen you in person but I really don't remember you being a complete killjoy. You've got a lot to be happy about, so even with no kids and no family, take the time to appreciate what you do have. The shopping and commercials are only .00000000001% of Christmas, even if that's the part you choose to dwell on.
          walk a mile brother... walk a mile

xmas day I got to help carry my wife's dying grandmother to and from the hospital (loading her in/out of the wheelchair and the car, etc.)... they don't have the money to keep her in a home that she needs to be in, and they don't have the physical ability to take care of her...

and that's just a single facet of the gem

I have plenty of fun... I do what the fuck I want... I eat what I want, I drink what I want, I don't have kids stressing me out.

but the one time of year I have to come back to the shitty reality of life is during the holidays. sorry my reality doesn't jive with yours
          Last edited by Cooter; 12-27-2010, 02:44 PM.
          http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by OldGuysRule View Post
            I'll concentrate on the good stuff.
            Originally posted by OldGuysRule View Post
            God invented 30 year Macallan.

Comment

Working...
            X