No announcement yet.

Grinch thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its a hard time of year for most without kids imho.

We are 6 hours or more away from any family. We get to see them a max of twice a year if we are lucky. The people with kids take the whole damn week off or more.

As far as buying people shit im kind of a Grinch. I will put in a few hundred, but i dont expect or want anything from anyone else.

The spirit of x-mas was lost along time ago. I remember if i got a toy that was 20-30 bucks i thought i was the shit. Now if its not a 300 dollar x box or i pod the kids need therapy because mommy and daddy do not love them.

X-mas to me is the hope of spending time with family. Seeing as i dont have kids i was not able to take off two days to drive 12 hours with my wife. As i type this i am home alone, and for lunch i made some pizza rolls .

Comment

i'm not a fan of the holidays either. i'm sure being single, no kids and getting older has a lot to do with it. my immediate family is really small and all local, so it's really not anything special to get together.
      Justin

Comment

That sucks to hear that the Holidays are just bullshit to you. Too bad though, Life is what you make of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Racewerx View Post
          That sucks to hear that the Holidays are just bullshit to you. Too bad though, Life is what you make of it.
          yessir.

Comment

How would you suggest we make it so that we luvs xmas?
            http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

God some of you make me miserable reading your posts. Christmas for me has always been about the kids and family. I've instilled that into my son over the years. I've told him its not about what you get but about being around with the people who love you and care about you. Being grateful for the the moments cherished with your family. It was especially tough for ours whenever my sister was deployed and my brother locked up. This is another year we will be without my brother and as the remainder of us, we make the most of with his sons, my son and my sisters son; if possible. This year it was just me my mother and sister. We didn't do anything big but we did spend it together.
              Last edited by idrivea4banger; 12-25-2010, 02:06 PM. Reason: edited for groverat
              Originally posted by talisman
              I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
              Originally posted by AdamLX
              If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
              Originally posted by Broncojohnny
              Because fuck you, that's why
              Originally posted by 80coupe
              nice dick, Idrivea4banger
              Originally posted by Rick Modena
              ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
              Originally posted by Jester
              Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

christmas > xmas

if you are gonna talk about it, at least say it right. just sayin..

Comment

Xmas xmas xmas xmas!

I don't have kids, so it's just not for me I guess...

Meanwhile all the kids I encounter this time of year are ungrateful entitled brats, so it kinda kills the whole "xmas is for kids" bullshit

Comment

^haha!

i meant if you are gonna try to defend the modern christmas, spell it out

lol at the edit!

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                      How would you suggest we make it so that we luvs xmas?
                      That's up to you Cat Daddy. For what it's worth, I am not in love with Holidays they just don't bum me out.

Comment

Cooter, not really sure what to tell you. I do know my kids aren't brats and even if I didn't have kids I'd celebrate the holidays just the same. The kids do add an element of fun to the going ons I'll admit but my wife and I would still have fun just the same. I would have just as much fun single since many of our traditions don't require more than one person.

It isn't about the money. At least for us. Do we spend it on Christmas? Absolutely but we wouldn't have to. Does the money make it more enjoyable? Probably in some respects.

Like the Grinch found out in the book... even after stealing all the presents Christmas was just celebrated just the same by the town folk.

If Christmas didn't have the presents element to it I'd/we'd still have fun and we'd get everything we give each other during different times in the year.
                        Originally posted by Denny
                        I call dibs on Don's balls!

Comment

spend it with my inlaws... your chipper cheer will disappear awful quick like

Comment

anyone need a tissue?

Comment

maybe the I wuv baby jesus lovers might need one to wipe the tears of xmas joy out of their eyes

Comment

No kids? Check.
                                Family six and a half hours away? Check.
                                Living in an area i didn't grow up in, real friends/family six and a half hours away? Check.
                                Job that fucked me out of days off to go see my family? Check.
                                Poor family that can't afford gifts? Check.

Fuck Christmas/xmas/Kwanzaa/Hanuka
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X