No announcement yet.

Looking for LT tire advice.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Even better these tires dont seem to notice rain at all. Truck used to spin tires like crazy in the rain and standing puddles always made my butt pucker cause the truck would hydroplane so easily. These Michelins cut through water like nothing.
    Very happy with this purchace. Well worth the extra $200.
    Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

Damn I must be the only person that hates Michelins.

I've had them on my F-150 and my Viper. They might have lasted the longest, but they don't get traction worth a shit.

I would much rather go with cheaper softer compound tires and replace twice as much.
      "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Comment

When I bought my fusion it had michelins on it and it was quite as can be. But it was very sketchy driving in pouring rain with the michelins. I could feel the car wanting to hydroplain and i had to slow down to 45 and 50mph on the highway. But i bought the new wheels and put some falkens on the new wheels. Whats yalls take on the falkens?
        GOPR0198 by larrychance88

Comment

I'm a huge fan of toyo and michelin tires.

I had a work truck with 10 ply michelin tires go 120k miles.

I just put two toyo open country ats on my f250 35x12.5x20 and two of them balanced out with no weight, the other very little, and one of them needed 4 oz. I've never had a 35 balance with so little weight.

Comment

Originally posted by FATHERFORD View Post
            Damn I must be the only person that hates Michelins.

I've had them on my F-150 and my Viper. They might have lasted the longest, but they don't get traction worth a shit.

I would much rather go with cheaper softer compound tires and replace twice as much.
            I never hated them but have had many passenger car and performance tires from them and always found a better brand at a better price. Thats why I hadnt put much thought into them at first for my truck. Based on what everyone here said and what Discount, Tire Rack, NTB and a few other places said they all indicated for a LT tire that the Michelin was in a class of its own. Now that I have a set I can see why. Gotta be the best truck tires I ever had.
            Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

Working...
            X