Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any positive/negative feedback for Sprint?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hopefully they haven't closed it by then.

Comment

I've had sprint for 15 years or so and haven't really had any issues.

Comment

No issues with Sprint either. I get 4g with no problem. Only issue with my EVO is it force closes my web browser.
        Originally posted by talisman
        I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
        Originally posted by AdamLX
        If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
        Originally posted by Broncojohnny
        Because fuck you, that's why
        Originally posted by 80coupe
        nice dick, Idrivea4banger
        Originally posted by Rick Modena
        ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
        Originally posted by Jester
        Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

No issues with sprint.
          1993 Vibrant Red Cobra #1741.

If you want more inches - Stroke it!!!

Comment

Sprint fucking sucks %90 of the time. Want proof? Hang out in a Sprint store and watch the every displeased stream of people in the store. I haven't seen the same thing in AT&T nor Verizon stores.

I've never dropped more calls than on sprint, and when (not if) they fuck something up, you'll spend hours on the phone with them trying to get it straightened out. Eventually they'll fix it, offer you some bill credit or something to make it better. To me it wasn't worth the pain in the ass. I didn't have similar issues with AT&T before or Verizon since.

Sprint = McDonald's of cellular service. It's cheaper for a reason.

Comment

lol^
              1993 Vibrant Red Cobra #1741.

If you want more inches - Stroke it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by FoxBodyNick View Post
                lol^
                FWIW: I worked for a multi carrier retailer for 3-4 years, was a Sprint customer for 2 of those, went back to Sprint 4 years ago and left as soon as my contract was up. I have sufficient experience on the matter, and with hordes of customers to know which carriers treat their customers better, and Sprint isn't it.

So take your sample size of 1 for what it is and realize that they can't piss off EVERY customer, but plenty of their customers think they try.

Comment

additionally, the phones on Sprint are generally more problematic than AT&T, and they do their absolute best to make sure that you don't get that problem solved. Just ask anyone who purchased an HTC Hero when it was the golden boy of their network.

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
                    I just left Sprint for Verizon this weekend, lately I've had very spotty coverage, and my house in Carrollton sits in a dead zone, as well as when I'm at my office in Plano. Verizon works in both locations, and since I spend the majority of my time in those two places, I went with them. ATT also works there, but Verizon's LTE is faster, and ATT pissed me off a few years ago.
                    Originally posted by ThreeFingerPete View Post
                    Sprint fucking sucks %90 of the time. Want proof? Hang out in a Sprint store and watch the every displeased stream of people in the store. I haven't seen the same thing in AT&T nor Verizon stores.

I've never dropped more calls than on sprint, and when (not if) they fuck something up, you'll spend hours on the phone with them trying to get it straightened out. Eventually they'll fix it, offer you some bill credit or something to make it better. To me it wasn't worth the pain in the ass. I didn't have similar issues with AT&T before or Verizon since.

Sprint = McDonald's of cellular service. It's cheaper for a reason.

Both of these posts sums up all the reasons Katrina just switched from sprint to att. Her whole family switched actually.

I've had Verizon for years and never had any service issues. Just got a new Droid RAZR Maxx, my first 4g phone and get awesome service nearly everywhere
                    --Marcus

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
                      What are you pullin on VZW LTE?
                      I'm getting 20 mb/s at the house. Only place I've tried so far on speed test.

Comment

Originally posted by ThreeFingerPete View Post
                        Just ask anyone who purchased an HTC Hero when it was the golden boy of their network.
                        that phone(and their failure to replace it) was the reason i left sprint after 8 years and went to att. after just a few months with att i wish i would have done it a long time ago. att is def not the cheapest but i never have a problem with them

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
                          I'm getting 20 mb/s at the house. Only place I've tried so far on speed test.
                          Everywhere I have LTE, I average mid 30's and have seen upper 50's. If you're using an Android device and have root, use something like ES File Explorer to add these lines to the bottom of your build.prop located in /system/build.prop, save then change the permissions to rw- r-- r--.

#Internet Speed

net.tcp.buffersize.default=4096,87380,256960,4096, 16384,256960
                          net.tcp.buffersize.wifi=4096,87380,256960,4096,163 84,256960
                          net.tcp.buffersize.umts=4096,87380,256960,4096,163 84,256960
                          net.tcp.buffersize.gprs=4096,87380,256960,4096,163 84,256960
                          net.tcp.buffersize.edge=4096,87380,256960,4096,163 84,256960

Comment

I can't root my phone. DELL corp policy is that if you want to receive work email on your personal device, you have to use Good software, and they have it set to deny email to rooted devices

Comment

I've had Sprint since 2000. Had a few billing problems in the early years but none since. I've never had dropped calls like so many have complained about all these years on this site, in fact, a dropped call is a rare thing. I really like my Android phone although I don't get 4G everywhere.

Comment

looks like I won't be keeping a phone with Verizon... in order to use the GOOD software required by Dell to get corporate email, I have to pay another 15/mo if I have an Android.

Comment

Working...
                                X