What's it worth ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chili View Post
    Yeah, I get it, and again, wasn't trying to talk down in any way.. Hell, I built a skateboard ramp for our boys, one has ridden motorcycles since he was really little.. I know many parents would disagree with that!
    Yeah I know, I just did not feel it was secure enough with what was provided so i secured it more.. haha

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
    Blackpony, nine of that should happen if you use the clips that cone with the car seat.
    A 1995 mustang does not have any where for those clips to be hooked. At least mine does not, neither does my 1985 gmc truck. I almost thought about welding in clips for those hooks to be attached to but decided against that as she rarely rode in the mustang. My wife's 2008 fusion has them and that is how it is being secured along with the seat belt.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackpony View Post

A 1995 mustang does not have any where for those clips to be hooked. At least mine does not, neither does my 1985 gmc truck. I almost thought about welding in clips for those hooks to be attached to but decided against that as she rarely rode in the mustang. My wife's 2008 fusion has them and that is how it is being secured along with the seat belt.
      I am talking about the gold colored clips that pinch the seat belt and keep it from stretching. All car seats come with them.

Comment

4 grand as a starting point, maybe 4.5 if it is really that clean. And that would be selling. Offering? 3.5?

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
          I am talking about the gold colored clips that pinch the seat belt and keep it from stretching. All car seats come with them.
          Oh gotcha, yeah even with that, it would still slide around. It was not secure enough for my liking. I used that on the seat belt along with the mentioned strap method.

Comment

He fucked up and told me to make a offer . He may not like this . As for the seat belts , I was thinking about pulling up the center buckles and getting lap belts out of a town car , gran Marquis ect ect and bolting them under the OE seat belts . I understand that it's not perfect but really we have a Yukon xl 99.9999 percent of the time it's just me in the car . I'm really looking at the outside chance that the wife , the twins and the boy all wanna go where I'm going . Very rare .
            The only difference between a tax man and a taxidermist is that the taxidermist leaves the skin. -- Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Reefer Rae View Post
              He fucked up and told me to make a offer . He may not like this . As for the seat belts , I was thinking about pulling up the center buckles and getting lap belts out of a town car , gran Marquis ect ect and bolting them under the OE seat belts . I understand that it's not perfect but really we have a Yukon xl 99.9999 percent of the time it's just me in the car . I'm really looking at the outside chance that the wife , the twins and the boy all wanna go where I'm going . Very rare .
              Oh i did not see you have 3 kids. You cannot put 3 kids in the rear seat of a mustang. I would not trust having them all crammed in that back seat, and it is illegal. It would still be a good car for a cheap daily/toy..

Comment

Originally posted by Blackpony View Post
                Yeah I know, I just did not feel it was secure enough with what was provided so i secured it more.. haha

I didn't realize the seat was already belted in.. I thought the strap around the seat was the only thing holding it.. Totally missed it. I retract my statements.

Comment

I sold my 2001 GT, leather, 5 speed for 5k earlier this year with 105k miles. It had about $800 worth of hail damage, a few door dents, drivers seat was worn and a small scuff on the corner of the front bumper. It had also been in 2 accidents which I did disclose, both rear quarters had beed replaced. So I think a clean one with that many miles would be in the 4-5k range.

Comment

Working...
                  X