No announcement yet.

A guy I worked with for 14 years...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Permanent solution to a temporary problem...

Comment

When you've lost hope in your life and future it certainly doesn't feel "temporary" - especially when you feel that it's always been this way.

Comment

Originally posted by ThreeFingerPete View Post

Nobody wants to kill themselves until they don't see the point in continuing on. It's horrible that life gets that way sometimes, but ultimately if an adult chooses not to continue, at least give them the courtesy of respecting that it was a conscious choice. You didnt choose to be here, and you don't owe anyone anything. RIP to the guy, it's unfortunate to hear that he killed himself.
        Well said.

Originally posted by Jester
        You honestly think like you are gonna fuck your kids up if you stay around. You feel that your wife will find a better man and a better father for the kids. It is such a low place to be.
        You start reasoning that "It wouldn't be the end of the world for them. Since the beginning of time wive's lose husbands, kids lose Dad's to war, sickness, etc and they manage to survive and heal and go on with life. In a 75, 100 years, none of it makes a difference anyway."

Unless you have been in those shoes, no one has any business talking shit about someone who made their decision saying "I lost all respect", or "what a coward" because you cannot put yourself in the same mindset they had at the time. Yes, there are those who are more cowardly than others (like a pedo who doesn't want to meet his justice) but there are also good people who can find themselves at that point too.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank View Post
          Well said.

You start reasoning that "It wouldn't be the end of the world for them. Since the beginning of time wive's lose husbands, kids lose Dad's to war, sickness, etc and they manage to survive and heal and go on with life. In a 75, 100 years, none of it makes a difference anyway."

Unless you have been in those shoes, no one has any business talking shit about someone who made their decision saying "I lost all respect", or "what a coward" because you cannot put yourself in the same mindset they had at the time. Yes, there are those who are more cowardly than others (like a pedo who doesn't want to meet his justice) but there are also good people who can find themselves at that point too.
          exactly. it is so fucking miserable. but, the good Lord picked me back up, dusted me off, and set me onto a new path in life. COMPLETE change in my life and it was what i needed.
          May God give us strength and courage in the time of our darkest hours.
          Semper Fi

Comment

Originally posted by Jester View Post
            exactly. it is so fucking miserable. but, the good Lord picked me back up, dusted me off, and set me onto a new path in life. COMPLETE change in my life and it was what i needed.
            One of the few times I can commend this! Good dude, I'm glad it worked out for you. I have a good friend/junkie who found "god" and it changed his life. He not has a masters, is married and owns his own business.

Ded

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi View Post
              When you've lost hope in your life and future it certainly doesn't feel "temporary" - especially when you feel that it's always been this way.
              I agree...but the affected person is not thinking rationally.

Comment

Originally posted by davbrucas View Post
                Permanent solution to a temporary problem...
                I agree. It's a shame they can't/won't/don't see that.
                "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Originally posted by davbrucas View Post
                  I agree...but the affected person is not thinking rationally.
                  What if they are, and they decide that they just don't care to play the game any longer?

Comment

All week the company had been trying to get people to go to counseling to talk about it. I have heard other peoples problems and its a bit surprising. You just never know what some people are going through at any given time.

Comment

Originally posted by TX21 View Post
                      All week the company had been trying to get people to go to counseling to talk about it. I have heard other peoples problems and its a bit surprising. You just never know what some people are going through at any given time.
                      I have heard of counseling in a school, but a place of business? Maybe if it happened AT the place of business, but this seems unusual.

Comment

My best friend and neighbor growing up did this selfish bs 4 years ago. I see there are mixed feeling toward this topic in the thread so I'll keep my emotions down about it. But I will say this; I miss him dearly and curse him for his pussy way out and the destruction it caused his family. His mother is forever wrecked. Sad. Took me a year to get over it. It's been 4 years and 3 months and I have yet to visit his grave... I can't. Not yet.
                        Sorry for ur loss; RIP.

Comment

Originally posted by Tannerm View Post
                          My best friend and neighbor growing up did this selfish bs 4 years ago. I see there are mixed feeling toward this topic in the thread so I'll keep my emotions down about it. But I will say this; I miss him dearly and curse him for his pussy way out and the destruction it caused his family. His mother is forever wrecked. Sad. Took me a year to get over it. It's been 4 years and 3 months and I have yet to visit his grave... I can't. Not yet.
                          Sorry for ur loss; RIP.
                          well, spoken like a true fuckin retard. I used to think the exact same way. You don't know this man's mindset. To a person on the edge, it is the least selfish and bravest thing he can do. You think it is as simple as just pulling the trigger? Your are going against EVERYTHING inside of you trying to live. It was the hardest thing I ever did. Im glad I was lucky and lived. But to call someone a coward or pussy for it. lol until you have been there, you dont know. And when I hear "oh, I have been there." I ask, well did you kill yourself? you either failed or you have not been there. I put on the Marine Corps uniform and would happily walk into any situation requiring my sacrifice to protect others, yet morons that talk out of their ass call suicide the cowards way out. No, it is anything but that. It is the end of the game for someone that has lost interest in playing.
                          A suicidal person is anything but a coward. they are simply a person that is empty inside. they get no pleasure out of anything. they dont smile or laugh, or care. they are dead inside.

and you know what really doesnt help? waking the fuck up in an ICU after already thinking for months you sucked at life and you couldnt do anything right...........well, not even being able to kill yourself doesnt make you feel much better. lol

Sure, a shotgun in the mouth is probably gonna do the trick most of the time, but what if you just manage to blow your fucking face off? and holy fuck, think about the mess that someone is gonna have to clean up. Hang yourself? Well, maybe, but that is a creepy thing for someone to walk in on. throw yourself off a bridge? well, what if I decide I love skydiving on the way down and that's all I needed?

Pills........lots and lots and lots of pills. get in the bathtub, write a note explaining how much this was no ones fault and that you think that everyone would be better off without you around. You swallow as many pills as fast as you can while forcing yourself to swallow them with a glassy eyed stare and your brain screaming at you to stop. but you just keep shoving them in and drinking water until all the bottles are empty. then you climb into the bathtub(that way when you piss and shit yourself upon death, atleast they can just wash it down the drain) and you close your eyes and wait. you think about everything. you wait. you feel like a failure and you wait. you cry. and you wait. just sitting there and waiting and feeling bad that your are doing this, but glad that you can no longer fuck anyone else up around you. Kinda like that old car that you are tired of putting money into and just get rid of it. You feel like that. You feel it is time for everyone around you to not have to deal with that fucked up old car anymore.

and that's it. you wake up and realize you are given a second chance, or you don't.

If anyone out there is reading this and considering suicide.....send me a pm and lets talk. doesnt have to be about suicide......let's just talk.
                          May God give us strength and courage in the time of our darkest hours.
                          Semper Fi

Comment

Working...
                          X