No announcement yet.

anyone else sick of this crap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think you are all missing what Don is trying to say.
    www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Originally posted by mustangguy289 View Post
      I think you are all missing what Don is trying to say.
      Some are doing it on purpose, some can't see the forest for the trees.
      Originally posted by PGreenCobra
      I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
      Originally posted by Trip McNeely
      Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
      dont downshift!!
      Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
        Just because he believes it doesn't make it a fact or make it true.
        Fact is entirely irrelevant here. There is no "fact" involved in this. Believing it isn't a sin is entirely an opinion, but the Bible will never change, and it isn't open to interpretation. It is crystal clear that homosexual relations is a sin, period the end. No amount of whining, bitching, and protesting will ever change it. It's a very difficult thing for the gay and lesbian community to understand apparently. In regards to Don's post, gay marriage does draw the ire of god - it's a sin, there's no interpretation required for that, unless your interpretation involves ignoring the bible. The gay community will always seek validation from religion. The only way they will receive that is if they fabricate their own. The bible doesn't change.
        Last edited by CJ; 08-03-2012, 02:12 PM.
        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

I'm done with this shit for the day. Some of you guys are going way out of your way to be obtuse about this shit, and I'm tired of reading it. It's just pissing me off. It's making a lot of you look like ignorant assholes, some par for the course, others disappointingly so.

Comment

Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
            What has scientifically changed to alter the text of the Bible?
            What scientifically changed to alter the shape of the planet?
            Originally posted by CJ View Post
            Fact is entirely irrelevant here. There is no "fact" involved in this. Believing it isn't a sin is entirely an opinion, but the Bible will never change, and it isn't open to interpretation. It is crystal clear that homosexual relations is a sin, period the end. No amount of whining, bitching, and protesting will ever change it. It's a very difficult thing for the gay and lesbian community to understand apparently. In regards to Don's post, gay marriage does draw the ire of god - it's a sin, there's no interpretation required for that, unless your interpretation involves ignoring the bible.
            Don said that his statements are factual. It isn't a fact. It's a belief. That you believe it to be true doesn't make it true; it makes it your belief (although it would be factual that you believe it to be true).

Different people believe in all different kinds of things, but merely believing doesn't make it true.
            Originally posted by Broncojohnny
            HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
              What scientifically changed to alter the shape of the planet?Don said that his statements are factual. It isn't a fact. It's a belief. That you believe it to be true doesn't make it true; it makes it your belief (although it would be factual that you believe it to be true).

Different people believe in all different kinds of things, but merely believing doesn't make it true.
              The irrelevancy comes into play when you're comparing ideals to a written text. The bible factually states it's a sin - fac·tu·al/ˈfakCHo͞oəl/ : Concerned with what is actually the case rather than interpretations of or reactions to it. The Bible states it's a sin right in the text, and it's verifiable. It's true it's a sin, the bible says it clear as day. People thinking it isn't a sin is their interpretation of the fact. Keep in mind this whole discussion is about the bible specifically, not the interpretation of whether or not being gay is actually wrong, but in comparison to the bible. So like Don said, being gay is factually a sin in relation to the bible. It's written verifiable information. Disagreements of whether or not it's a sin are interpretations/reactions to it - the exact opposite of factual.
              Last edited by CJ; 08-03-2012, 04:08 PM.
              "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
              "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by joes01bullitt View Post
                Just thought I would share

Did you corn hole that thing? Just buy two, or get a blow up sandwich.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                  I'm done with this shit for the day. Some of you guys are going way out of your way to be obtuse about this shit, and I'm tired of reading it. It's just pissing me off. It's making a lot of you look like ignorant assholes, some par for the course, others disappointingly so.
                  I'm merely playing the Devil's Advocate. I think the Bible is a load of horseshit. However, I stand by my firm belief that, even though I disagree with the bible and Christianity, it's ignorant to to walk into someone else's house and insult their wallpaper, so-to-speak.

If I don't like a bar because of the atmosphere or waitstaff or whatever... I just don't go back. If I find out that the owner is Christian and sticks to his guns regarding a question he was asked and answered... I honestly might frequent it more often. I like character.
                  Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                  I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                  Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                  Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                  dont downshift!!
                  Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                    Out of all the people of this site I would figure you would be the first one to pick up on what Don is trying to say.
                    www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

• im a christian, and im also entitled to my opinion. and i think some of you are going to hell. and i couldnt care less or worry about if you dont like my stance. burn baby burn

Comment

• Originally posted by talisman View Post
                        About 8 years ago. Now every post he makes every six months is about me. It's nice having that kind of memorable effect on people.
                        It's more of the fact that you try to bash/talk shit to people on here for popularity points because you're in a bad mood cause you've lost most of your hair at an early age and you sell car parts...

Comment

Working...
                        X