Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This proves there is no defense against stupid people.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GrayStangGT View Post
    Fucking ridiculous, I went to VP cans anyways after the government passed the bullshit regulations making cans have those stupid nozzles that don't work.
    You mean the nozzle that takes half an hour to put 5 gls of gas in a car?

Since I run E85 I have to keep as much on hand in the garage as possible. Five 5gl Blitz cans and a 16gl fuel cell with my own version of a hose and nozzle. I can fill 16gls from the cell faster than one of the 5gl cans will pour out.
    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Another sad day in America.
      De Oppresso Liber.

Comment

The lawyers are laughing all the way to the bank while American people are losing jobs... it's the American Way!

Comment

Originally posted by svo855 View Post
          No one else make a legal can. Wedco makes the best cans that can be bought but jerry cans are not legal in the USA anymore.
          Whaaaa?

How do you mean not legal? Like new ones can't be sold, but what about using old one's? What does it mean for Jeeps carrying them around?

I've got an old army issue from the 60's I still use.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank View Post
            Whaaaa?

How do you mean not legal? Like new ones can't be sold, but what about using old one's? What does it mean for Jeeps carrying them around?

I've got an old army issue from the 60's I still use.
            They're legal to have, but new ones can't be sold to the public, because the gas cap they have doesn't vent.
            ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

A very sad day for sure
              99 Mustang Project JSTA2V
              going from really slow to just alittle slow

2013 Focus ST the daily cruising the 4 banger

Comment

This is the only way to go for a good gas can.

Comment

Man stories like this really piss me off. They need to come up with some kind of common sense court, like the supreme court. I can see it now..."Your honor I burnt my face off pouring gas on a campfire and I think the gas can was faulty!" " Uh no you're an idiot and deserved to have your face burnt off, now pay us $1,000 for wasting our time!"
                  Originally posted by Nash B.
                  Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. If it'll cheer you up, Geor swallows. And even if it doesn't cheer you up, it cheers him up.

Comment

Originally posted by GrayStangGT View Post
                    This is the only way to go for a good gas can.

I agree with you, but the cost is much higher. So for a shitty old yard tank, I'd prefer the cheaper one.

Comment

Lucky I've still got a small can with the old school nozzle for yard work, but I've got a couple vp cans for other things.

Comment

Fucking ridiculous what this government is doing to small businesses. Just look at that ridiculous assault on Bucky Balls, their most recent victim.
                        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

So, a guy, living in a camper, is pouring a motor fuel into a heater inside the camper? Anyone that stupid doesn't deserve an oportunity for a court case. There are very explicit directions on every fuel burning heater I have ever used that clearly state to fill it one shall move it outdoors and letting it cool is required. If he can't even follow simple directions and pictograms, he needs much more help.

Second point, how is this the fault of a gas can manufacturer? The gas can did what it was intended to. It held the gas.
                          Rich

Comment

Originally posted by EW View Post
                            This is a prime example of why you must take jury duty seriously. The jury NEEDS a leader to shut crap like this down and give people ZERO dollars when they bring frivolous lawsuits. I was on a jury where some people wanted to award a guy money just because they felt the company could afford it. F that!
                            100% truth, I had the opportunity to sit on a jury this year for the first time and the stupidity of several of the members of that jury was absolutely astonishing. It took me and a few others an hour to convince them that they weren't smart enough to come up with a just sentencing and to agree to what we wanted. One lady even called me heartless when I told her the guys pregnant wife was completely irrelevant to the situation and the kid would probably be better off with him in prison.

Comment

Working...
                            X