Loft / Industrial Living

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loft / Industrial Living

Any one know of any "real" loft or industrial living spaces? I know some of the design district has been rezoned for mixed use and I looked at a space, albeit a little bit too big (3400 sqr ft) and pricey but he said I could live there if I wanted to, which is the ultimate goal. Nice spot too, 2 large grade level doors he was going to convert to windows and pretty much free reign of the place.

Does anyone know how I would go to find a 1500-2500 sqr ft spot? Craigslist has not returned very many results - none actually that are what i'm looking for but there has to be a good amount out there. The very few industrial realtor companies have not been able to come up with anything either but I haven't given up yet.

Any help would be much appreciated.
    I build websites. PM me.

There just might be some space on the south side of the river in Dallas (Beckley south of Commerce) that isn't condos yet, but a lot of the old brick warehouses are either demolished, or gone to developers. The time to grab those spaces was, honestly, around 15 years ago. There are some run-down store fronts in the Peak/Haskell corridor, but they're getting snapped up now, too. There's just nowhere else for Dallas to go.
    ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Where, Dallas?

SoCo Urban lofts on Jackson street sound about like what you're describing.

I know someone who is looking to sell theirs.
      Men have become the tools of their tools.
      -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
        There just might be some space on the south side of the river in Dallas (Beckley south of Commerce) that isn't condos yet, but a lot of the old brick warehouses are either demolished, or gone to developers. The time to grab those spaces was, honestly, around 15 years ago. There are some run-down store fronts in the Peak/Haskell corridor, but they're getting snapped up now, too. There's just nowhere else for Dallas to go.
        A brick building would be awesome. Sucks that there aren't many cool places like that available. I find it hard to believe that all of those businesses/shops/warehouses make enough to pay the rent when they're asking for 12-18/sqr ft. Or maybe i'm just cheap.
        I build websites. PM me.

Comment

Originally posted by BERNIE MOSFET View Post
          Where, Dallas?

SoCo Urban lofts on Jackson street sound about like what you're describing.

I know someone who is looking to sell theirs.
          I'd be interested if it has a garage door entrance. Just looked them up, DAMN those are expensive too. I dont even mind a place I have to put some work into. It doesn't have to be finished out for me.
          I build websites. PM me.

Comment

Originally posted by DoesSpeedTurnUon View Post
            A brick building would be awesome. Sucks that there aren't many cool places like that available. I find it hard to believe that all of those businesses/shops/warehouses make enough to pay the rent when they're asking for 12-18/sqr ft. Or maybe i'm just cheap.
            You're being cheap. It's a pay to play situation in a very limited market, and Dallas will never be short on the pretentious A-holes needed to fill that market.
            ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
              You're being cheap. It's a pay to play situation in a very limited market, and Dallas will never be short on the pretentious A-holes needed to fill that market.
              Very true. Maybe i'll look on the Fort Worth side.
              I build websites. PM me.

Comment

This looks like an Ikea Catalogue... (From those soco lofts)

I build websites. PM me.

Comment

I'd be interested if it has a garage door entrance. Just looked them up, DAMN those are expensive too. I dont even mind a place I have to put some work into. It doesn't have to be finished out for me.
                  No, it's more like an apartment, elevator ride up and all. It's an old warehouse (I think) that was partitioned off into separate units, most are pretty well finished out.

I seem to recall there were places in Deep Ellum like that - garage doors and all. But like Yale said, that was back in the late 90s. I don't know about now.
                  Men have become the tools of their tools.
                  -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Hrm, hopefully something turns up... location doesn't really matter.
                    I build websites. PM me.

Comment

The old ones in ellum where cool. But even back then they commanded top dollar. I've been in a few back then and they where shit.

Comment

There are some right down in the 75/Woodall Rogers interchange area, as well as over off of Lamar.

Comment

http://www.highrises.com/city/dallas...tx-75202-5224/

That is badass.

Comment

http://www.highrises.com/city/dallas...tx-75202-5224/
                            I didn't realize condos has HOAs.

Comment

Good fucking luck. I've searched high and low and people want just as much for raw space suitable for a loft as they do for a fully finished out apartment in an old building.

Comment

Working...
                              X