Veteran NYPD cop suspended after man, 25, found bound and gagged in his garage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Big A View Post
    Anybody would have been released in that situation, as I am sure the other 3 suspects were as well, there is no evidence yet proving who did what. They did what they could, he is suspended WITHOUT pay, and doesn't have his badge or gun.

You really are blindly FTP Frost.
    Not really no. When I see extra considerations given to the badge, extra protections and extra punishments heaped on those who aren't behind it it bothers me. They are public SERVANTS. They serve us, not the other way around. When was the last time you knew, ever in history, a servant having more powers and protections than their master?
    I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
      Where in the world do you come up with this stuff???
      I'm a really fucked up individual....

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
        It said in your own clip that 2 of them have been charged. You're saying that shiny badge and his years on the force isn't keeping him out of jail? "Hey man, I'm one of you, I knew nothing about it. He's just my cousin who lives right next to me, and we share a garage that had a guy in it held for ransom. Of course I never go in the garage. I mean it's only right THERE. And the credit card machines? Knew nothing about them either."

BS. He was part of a gang unit and sounds like he went bad.
        The article I posted says that he is still in jail, and is a day more recent than yours, if they were charged. Even the steps that the department took in relinquishing him of his duties

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
        Not really no. When I see extra considerations given to the badge, extra protections and extra punishments heaped on those who aren't behind it it bothers me. They are public SERVANTS. They serve us, not the other way around. When was the last time you knew, ever in history, a servant having more powers and protections than their master?
        Did you ever consider that they have a lot more substantial evidence on the two individuals that have been charged, and that the officer hasn't actually done anything, along with the other two that weren't charged?

Renting a room from criminals does not make somebody a criminal, unless it can be proved that he was involved, or had knowledge, and didn't do anything. Yes, he should be afforded the same due process as any civilian, regardless of the higher standard.

Don't get all hung up on the dictionary, they aren't servants in the classical sense, they are voluntarily willing to get paid to provide a service, just like firefighters, EMT's, politicians, etc. We aren't their "masters."

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris View Post
          Pretty fucked up ordeal there; however, that article needs to be edited!
          Your posts also need to be edited.

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
            The article I posted says that he is still in jail, and is a day more recent than yours, if they were charged. Even the steps that the department took in relinquishing him of his duties

Did you ever consider that they have a lot more substantial evidence on the two individuals that have been charged, and that the officer hasn't actually done anything, along with the other two that weren't charged?

Renting a room from criminals does not make somebody a criminal, unless it can be proved that he was involved, or had knowledge, and didn't do anything. Yes, he should be afforded the same due process as any civilian, regardless of the higher standard.

Don't get all hung up on the dictionary, they aren't servants in the classical sense, they are voluntarily willing to get paid to provide a service, just like firefighters, EMT's, politicians, etc. We aren't their "masters."
            Renting a room from a criminal doesn't make you a criminal true. Having a house that you share with a family member, someone who is a hostage, credit card machines and demands for cash does make you worthy of locking up for a bit while things are figured out. Do have to give props for the taking of his badge and gun. Makes you question if he used said implements to help kidnap the individual.

As far as servant, they are supposed to be. That's actually in the name of "Public servant." You prefer employee of the taxpayer? That works too. When did an employee have more protections than their boss? Hmm bad example. Our employment laws now are pretty fucked up. If they aren't servants, they should remove "To serve" off the vehicles.

Afterall, the Supreme Court has already said they have no obligation to actually protect you either. They can literally refuse to come to your aid or extend you any protections and it's perfectly fine.
            I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

"It puts the lotion on the skin or else it gets the hose again"
              Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Working...
              X