No announcement yet.

Veteran NYPD cop suspended after man, 25, found bound and gagged in his garage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Veteran NYPD cop suspended after man, 25, found bound and gagged in his garage

A veteran police officer working for the New York Police Department has been suspended after a man was found tied up in his garage.

The man was found bound and gagged at the Queens home of Ondre Johnson, who has worked for the Brooklyn North gang unit for 17 years.

Investigators had been tipped off that a man was being held at the home - which he shares with a cousin - for a $75,000 ransom, the sources said.
    Scene: Police swooped on the home of NYPD officer Ondre Johnson, pictured, and found a man bound and gagged inside the garage

Scene: Police swooped on the home of NYPD officer Ondre Johnson, pictured, and found a man bound and gagged inside the garage

The 45-year-old detective was suspended without pay and stripped of his gun and badge, NBC 4 reported.

Police went to the home after tracking a cell phone the kidnappers used to call the victim's friend to demand the money, sources told the Daily News.

Johnson was about to leave the home when detectives approached the home and was taken into custody after identifying himself as an officer.

Inside the garage, police found a 25-year-old man tied up, and inside the home, they found two safes containing materials to make fake credit cards, including printing presses and unmarked plastic cards.
    Captive: Johnson, who lives at the address with a cousin, said he never uses the garage, pictured, and had no knowledge of the man

Captive: Johnson, who lives at the address with a cousin, said he never uses the garage, pictured, and had no knowledge of the man

Johnson told police he lived in one apartment in the two-story house and a cousin, 30-year-old Hakeem Clark, lived in the other apartment.

Johnson denied any knowledge of the materials, which were found in Clark's apartment, police said.

He added to authorities that he never used the garage, which is detached from the house at the end of a short driveway.

Four men inside the house were taken into police custody, including Clark.

He was later charged with kidnapping, attempting to collect ransom and criminal possession of a weapon.
    Veteran: Johnson has worked at a gang unit in Brooklyn for 17 years

Veteran: Johnson has worked at a gang unit in Brooklyn for 17 years. He has now been suspended and forced to hand in his gun and badge

James Gayle and Jason Hutson, both 27, also face the same charges.

Another suspect, Alferdo Haughton, 24, was charged with kidnapping.

A police official told the New York Times that investigators decided they did not have enough evidence to arrest Johnson.

'A decision was made last night not to lock him up,' the official said. 'What you have is an enormous amount of suspicion, but not the hard evidence tying him into it.'

Police swooped on Ondre Johnson's home in Queens, New York after they were tipped off a man was being held there for a $75,000 ransom. Johnson has denied any knowledge of the kidnapping.
    I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

That's pretty much what I was picturing. Love how the cop was released though.

Comment

Pretty fucked up ordeal there. However that article needs to be edited!
        Karussell White - 2010 Genesis Coupe R-Spec 6MT 2.0T -

Comment

He had to have known what was going on - "maybe" not about the kidnapping, but he knew his cousin wasn't working a "traditional" job.

Comment

I'm pretty sure if you are caught at a house with some dude being held hostage, fake credit card supplies and ransom demands, you're going to jail no matter if you say "Yeah, that garage out there with the guy in it? I know nothing about that."

Cop should go to jail first. Aren't we told about things like guilt by association?

Comment

I would have been arrested and thrown under the jail for that! He's a cop though so I guess give him paid leave!
              Originally posted by Nash B.
              Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. If it'll cheer you up, Geor swallows. And even if it doesn't cheer you up, it cheers him up.

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
                That's pretty much what I was picturing. Love how the cop was released though.
                Anybody would have been released in that situation, as I am sure the other 3 suspects were as well, there is no evidence yet proving who did what. They did what they could, he is suspended WITHOUT pay, and doesn't have his badge or gun.

You really are blindly FTP Frost.

Comment

[frost] he should be sh0t!! [/frost]

Comment

As I suspected, none of them have been charged with anything yet, it has nothing to do with him being an officer or not. This US article from yesterday (yours is from the 28th) says he is still in jail though, along with the homeowner.

Detective Ondre Johnson, a 17-year veteran with the New York Police Department, has been suspended without pay after a kidnapping victim was found bound and gagged in his Queens, New York garage, r…

Hakeem Clark, 30 — who lives in the other side of the two family home — has been charged along with Jason Hutson, 27, with kidnapping and forgery. They were arraigned Saturday night and remain in prison. Alfredo Haughton, 24, and James Gayle, 27, were initially suspected as well, but have not been charged at this time.

Comment

Jilted lovers? Guy is tormented by sucking cock, so he goes Denzel and joins the gang unit to be macho, when all he wants to be is used by a gang and filled with their units.

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
                        I'm pretty sure if you are caught at a house with some dude being held hostage, fake credit card supplies and ransom demands, you're going to jail no matter if you say "Yeah, that garage out there with the guy in it? I know nothing about that."

Cop should go to jail first. Aren't we told about things like guilt by association?
                        Sounds like he should have known, but has enough of a reasonable explanation that the detectives will have to do some additional digging before arresting him. The house was divided into two apartments, and the credit card contraband was found in the other apartment. Also, the man was being kept in a detached garage that the "officer" said he didn't use.

If they can prove he took part in any of this, he needs to be severely punished.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                          Jilted lovers? Guy is tormented by sucking cock, so he goes Denzel and joins the gang unit to be macho, when all he wants to be is used by a gang and filled with their units.
                          Where in the world do you come up with this stuff???

Comment

At my arraignment, note for the plantiff
                            Your daughter's tied up in a Brooklyn basement
                            Face it, not guilty, that's how I stay filthy
                            Richer than Richie, till you niggaz come and get me

god bless.
                            It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
                              As I suspected, none of them have been charged with anything yet, it has nothing to do with him being an officer or not. This US article from yesterday (yours is from the 28th) says he is still in jail though, along with the homeowner.

http://newsone.com/2027674/ondre-joh...pd-kidnapping/
                              It said in your own clip that 2 of them have been charged. You're saying that shiny badge and his years on the force isn't keeping him out of jail? "Hey man, I'm one of you, I knew nothing about it. He's just my cousin who lives right next to me, and we share a garage that had a guy in it held for ransom. Of course I never go in the garage. I mean it's only right THERE. And the credit card machines? Knew nothing about them either."

BS. He was part of a gang unit and sounds like he went bad.

Comment

Working...
                              X