Insurance Claim Question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GE View Post
    I guess you're a god damn underwriter then aren't you?
    Nope, just been through this before.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ-95GT View Post
      Why not just say it happened last night instead of 2 nights ago if you go the insurance route?
      You're advising the OP to intentionally falsify a claim?

Originally posted by jimithing View Post
      BTW, I agree I'd give him a chance to make good for it. File a claim with your insurance company but tell them you're just doing it to get it documented in case something happens. They can always just close the claim with no action.
      Never file a claim under your insurance unless it is a last resort. It looks bad on your insurance claim history.

Originally posted by VaderTT View Post
      If your insurance provider raises your rates for a no-fault/not at fault incident, I would go with a different provider.
      It happens, although they try to use the excuse of "high number of claims in your market".

The other issue is if you leave and try to get insurance elsewhere, the new carrier will see the accident filed on your previous policy. They don't care if you're at fault or not either.

Originally posted by CJ-95GT View Post
      Don't they for car theft which is similar to what you're describing?
      Car theft is a comprehensive claim and should never raise your rates. Its the collision claims that you should avoid filing on your policy.

Comment

Nope, just been through this before.
        So what you're saying is, you're talking out of your ass.

Comment

Originally posted by GE View Post
          So what you're saying is, you're talking out of your ass.
          Nope, I'm saying I've been through this exact situation before and talked it through with my insurance company and I was very thorough and asked a lot of questions.

Why are you being a dick? Are you speaking from personal experience where an insurance company raised your rates or dropped you after filing a claim EXACTLY like this? If so then I still stand by my statement of finding a better insurance company. If not then I guess you're the one talking out of your ass, aren't you?

Comment

Nope, I'm saying I've been through this exact situation before and talked it through with my insurance company and I was very thorough and asked a lot of questions.

Why are you being a dick? Are you speaking from personal experience where an insurance company raised your rates or dropped you after filing a claim EXACTLY like this? If so then I still stand by my statement of finding a better insurance company. If not then I guess you're the one talking out of your ass, aren't you?
            Well you asked a lot of questions, I guess you're the expert now.

Comment

Why is your photobucket account called dicks forever?

Comment

Working...
              X