No announcement yet.

Insurance Claim Question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can us just going ahead and filing a claim raise our rates? I have 2 woman saying it will raise our rates even though we are not at fault.

Comment

Why not just say it happened last night instead of 2 nights ago if you go the insurance route?

Comment

Originally posted by GT Fanatic View Post
        Can us just going ahead and filing a claim raise our rates? I have 2 woman saying it will raise our rates even though we are not at fault.
        Nope, you weren't even in the car. It shouldn't raise your rates. You can file with your insurance company and then they're supposed to go after his insurance company through a process called subrogation. A lot of people do this when the other persons insurance is a crappy company. The thought is that your insurance wants to keep you and will process the claim quickly and correctly instead of dragging it out. The other person's insurance has no reason to pay you quickly or get your car repaired quickly.

Comment

Who's sasquatch feet?

<-- would give the guy time because he was honest.

Comment

BTW, I agree I'd give him a chance to make good for it. File a claim with your insurance company but tell them you're just doing it to get it documented in case something happens. They can always just close the claim with no action.

Comment

Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
              Who's sasquatch feet?

<-- would give the guy time because he was honest.
              Agreed, but I would have still got his information to make sure he had insurance to begin with.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ-95GT View Post
                Agreed, but I would have still got his information to make sure he had insurance to begin with.
                of course

I filed on a claim 60 days after the accident because they promised to pay and never did. The claim was paid in full but give the guy a chance because he was far more honest than most.

Comment

Originally posted by GT Fanatic View Post
                  If your insurance provider raises your rates for a no-fault/not at fault incident, I would go with a different provider.
                  Ded

Comment

Originally posted by VaderTT View Post
                    If your insurance provider raises your rates for a no-fault/not at fault incident, I would go with a different provider.
                    Don't they for car theft which is similar to what you're describing?

Comment

Originally posted by CJ-95GT View Post
                      Don't they for car theft which is similar to what you're describing?
                      IDK, all I do know is geico isn't adjusting my rates from when someone hit my truck. Car theft, I have no idea.
                      Ded

Comment

Do NOT file it under your insurance. If you file a claim, file it under HIS insurance. I hope you got pics of the damage on his car as well.

Comment

Originally posted by GE View Post
                          Do NOT file it under your insurance. If you file a claim, file it under HIS insurance. I hope you got pics of the damage on his car as well.
                          Yes sir. Wife got all the pics. Even got a picture of his DL and insurance card.

Comment

Originally posted by jimithing View Post
                            BTW, I agree I'd give him a chance to make good for it. File a claim with your insurance company but tell them you're just doing it to get it documented in case something happens. They can always just close the claim with no action.
                            worst advice ever. NEVER file it under your insurance unless it is the last resort

Why would you want a claim on YOUR record when it is not your fault? A claim is a claim on your insurance regardless of fault. Just an excuse to try and raise rates or drop you.

Comment

Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
                              worst advice ever. NEVER file it under your insurance unless it is the last resort

Why would you want a claim on YOUR record when it is not your fault? A claim is a claim on your insurance regardless of fault. Just an excuse to try and raise rates or drop you.
                              If your insurance company operates that way then you need to find a new insurance company

From that page:

In most states the insurance will cover the total repair bill,no deductible,if the car is legally parked and there is a police report.Under those circumstances there is no charge to your record and will not affect future rates.

Comment

Originally posted by jimithing View Post
                                If your insurance company operates that way then you need to find a new insurance company

From that page:

In most states the insurance will cover the total repair bill,no deductible,if the car is legally parked and there is a police report.Under those circumstances there is no charge to your record and will not affect future rates.
                                I guess you're a god damn underwriter then aren't you?

Comment

Working...
                                X