Anyone feel like lending a hand?? preeez

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VaderTT View Post
    I'll let you guys know, but I think we'll be able to get everything done tonight.
    It's just some heavy furniture, the rest is just busy work. Small boxes, bags and shit.

Luis, I'm going to ask anyways just in case.
    my appartments were cool about a day. I think it cost me $30 or something stupid, but I let them know that there was one thing I would be getting the next day, and they could come in and start thier rehab of the place.

It actually worked out, the maintinance guy came in and told me they didnt care if the carpet was cleaned since they paint and replace carpet after a year lease anyway. Then when the manager tried to hit me for my deposit due to carpet, I got to throw that back at her, and got all of it back.
    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

My ninja pm'd
      Ded

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
        my appartments were cool about a day. I think it cost me $30 or something stupid, but I let them know that there was one thing I would be getting the next day, and they could come in and start thier rehab of the place.

It actually worked out, the maintinance guy came in and told me they didnt care if the carpet was cleaned since they paint and replace carpet after a year lease anyway. Then when the manager tried to hit me for my deposit due to carpet, I got to throw that back at her, and got all of it back.
        I'm going to call them in a bit to ask. But they have already told me that the carpet has a 5 year life and mines been in for 3. Previous people fucked it up and I have dogs, so it's toast. I'm still hoping to get something back though.
        Ded

Comment

Damn dude, I'm right down the street from you with a truck and trailer on my weeks off. I know you gotta be out tonight but any other time with some notice if I'm in town I'll help

Comment

Wish I would have known this weekend I could have come out then, but no chance tonight..

I will say that I have moved at least 6 times on my own, and the best tip I can give is to rent an appliance dolly. The one with the straps. I have used those fuckers to move an entire 3 bedroom house 100% on my own. Couches, chairs, fridges.. And they have those rubber tank tread looking things on the back that make stairs a breeze.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
              Wish I would have known this weekend I could have come out then, but no chance tonight..

I will say that I have moved at least 6 times on my own, and the best tip I can give is to rent an appliance dolly. The one with the straps. I have used those fuckers to move an entire 3 bedroom house 100% on my own. Couches, chairs, fridges.. And they have those rubber tank tread looking things on the back that make stairs a breeze.
              Yeah Craig, I actually own one and I'll be using it tonight. Straps and all.
              It just doesn't work too well on some of my crap with the stairs.

I used it to move the armoire and it tipped at the top of the stairs and fell, I almost killed my GF's brother.

Originally posted by SMKR View Post
              Damn dude, I'm right down the street from you with a truck and trailer on my weeks off. I know you gotta be out tonight but any other time with some notice if I'm in town I'll help
              Thanks dude! Hopefully this will be the last move in a love time.

BTW, house warming party in a few months after we get settled, you are all invited.
              Ded

Comment

Originally posted by VaderTT View Post
                There are 2 couches, 2 cabinets, coffee table and a huge armoire/cabinet/wardrobe thing I got from CWO.
                That thing is no joke.

Comment

Originally posted by CWO View Post
                  That thing is no joke.
                  For reals! Used a dolly and it still almost killed us, lol.
                  Ded

Comment

I can help, I get off around 5:30pm. I will PM you for details.

I don't have a truck or anything I can haul things in, but I can carry stuff?

-Duncan

Comment

I have my dads F-150 and I'm 95% sure ill have access to the 20 ft enclosed trailer at work. I think we'll be able to get most of everything in the trailer BUT having one more truck just in case wouldn't be bad

Comment

Good, because we aren't going to fit shit in my GT.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                          Good, because we aren't going to fit shit in my GT.
                          I thought you can't carry shit.. You gonna supervise?

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                            I thought you can't carry shit.. You gonna supervise?

I'm going to make sure Jeff works. If I wasn't there he'd just sit on the curb and play with his own feces.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                              I'm going to make sure Jeff works. If I wasn't there he'd just sit on the curb and play with his own feces.
                              I don't doodoo that any more!

Comment

Maybe this guy can lend a hand...

Comment

Working...
                                X