sweatproof iphone case for running???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sweatproof iphone case for running???

so i ran a 10k this weekend and sweated my phone to death in my cheap plastic armband case i bought from academy. the apple store jsut handed me a new phone so i figure i will never be that lucky again so i need a sweatproof case for my phone. i use the phone for music and the GPS to tell how far i run. any suggestions?

and yes please pickup on the solid barg about the 10k.

god bless.
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

you gots plentay money, just replace iphones after every race!

Comment

lifeproof case. not cheap but water proof
      07 f250-family truckster
      08 Denali -baby hauler
      52 f1-rust bucket
      05 Jeep tj. Buggy
      livin the double-wide dream

Comment

I think Otterbox has one that has what you're looking for. It might be yellow in color though.
        Originally posted by Silverback
        Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
          so i ran a 10k this weekend and sweated my phone to death in my cheap plastic armband case i bought from academy. the apple store jsut handed me a new phone so i figure i will never be that lucky again so i need a sweatproof case for my phone. i use the phone for music and the GPS to tell how far i run. any suggestions?

and yes please pickup on the solid barg about the 10k.

god bless.
          what kind of time did you do?

I also need my phone for music and gps, but I also have to carry mine since I switch through songs alot. what kills my phone is the heat, since I usually go out in mid-day.

you can get a Lifeproof case for it, and then find a armband for a bigger android phone that it might fit in with the case on.
          HD Parts
          paul@maverickhd.com

Comment

Funny, you don't look Kenyan.

Comment

Originally posted by whitetrash View Post
              it is a good case. but like I mentioned there is no armband made to fit it. Bet thing I can think of is finding an armband made to fit one of the larger Android phones that this case might fit in.

Another thing you can do, like I do, is carry the phone in your hand and wear wrist sweat bands to keep the sweat off your hands.

Works for me and I do several 10K and 5K runs per week. last week did a 5k run monday, 10k tues, 5k Wed, and 10k Sat. Slacking this week so far.
              HD Parts
              paul@maverickhd.com

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post
                Funny, you don't look Kenyan.
                It depends on the lighting...
                Originally posted by Silverback
                Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by 89stangGT View Post
                  it is a good case. but like I mentioned there is no armband made to fit it. Bet thing I can think of is finding an armband made to fit one of the larger Android phones that this case might fit in.

Another thing you can do, like I do, is carry the phone in your hand and wear wrist sweat bands to keep the sweat off your hands.

Works for me and I do several 10K and 5K runs per week. last week did a 5k run monday, 10k tues, 5k Wed, and 10k Sat. Slacking this week so far.
                  there is a lifeproof band at best buy
                  07 f250-family truckster
                  08 Denali -baby hauler
                  52 f1-rust bucket
                  05 Jeep tj. Buggy
                  livin the double-wide dream

Comment

there is a lifeproof band at best buy
                    All i've ever seen is the belt/bike clip that they sell, and all they show on the LifeProof website is a universal band.
                    HD Parts
                    paul@maverickhd.com

Comment

I've got the otterbox, and the armband made for Iphones with the otterbox. It's pretty bulky, but it gets the job done.

Comment

You could probably find an ipod shuffle for the price of an otterbox, and not have to have a brick strapped to your arm.

Comment

X2. My 12 year old just got his first phone, so we got him this case in hopes the phone wouldn't get messed up. So far he's gotten it wet and dropped it countless times and it's all good. Plus, it's not at big as the Otterbox.

Comment

Elvis has girl arms...

just get an otter box and secure it to your arm with rubber bands ...

2016 250 Mini dozer

No matter how fast light travels it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.

Comment

I have a lifeproof case, it sits in my desk most of the time though. When I cycle I usually throw my phone in my jersey pocket and I sweat a ton and I have never had an issue with my phone stop working, this goes back to my 3gs, 3 or so years ago. Now I don't always take my phone but when I do I have not had any issues.

Comment

Working...
                              X