X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Real Estate Agency Evicts Hospitalized Soldier, Sells Belongings

Real Estate Agency Evicts Hospitalized Soldier, Sells Belongings
    Posted on July 29, 2012 by Bulldog1

A real estate agency out of Killen, Texas has evicted a Soldier from his residence while the Soldier was in the hospital. They also sold all of his belongings and trashed the rest. The Soldier SGT Porrazzo, has been in the hospital for two and a half months. Here is the email I received from his Platoon Leader:

.”Sgt Porrazzo has had 15 years of service in the Army with four years being in Iraq deploying with 1st Cav and 2nd ID. In May 2012 my battalion had a training exercise to Yakima Training Center in Washington State while there Sgt Porrazzo had to be hospitalized at Fort Lewis, WA. at Madigan Hospital. My 1SG was contacted by Sgt Porrazzo’s landlord a Mr. Tommy Atha of Texas Town Line in early June and my 1SG briefed him on the hospitalization of Sgt Porrazzo. Over the next few weeks I kept them abreast of the situation until Sgt Porrazzo returned to Fort Hood, the whole while being assured they would work with him. While Sgt Porrazzo was being treated at Fort Lewis I contacted Mr. Atha that Sgt Porrazzo was still in the hospital and reassured the real estate agency he has the money but not his check book and they would be paid upon his return. Sgt Porrazzo returned to Fort Hood in July and contacted his landlord. They informed him that the house was being rented by someone else and all his worldly possessions had been auctioned off or thrown away and he owed them money for past due rent and moving fees from the time he was in the hospital between May 2012 and July 2012. I drove out to Sgt Porrazzo’s house with one of my NCOs and verified that there was someone living there. My NCO called the Landlord and the secretary verified the story that they auctioned off everything that was of value and threw out what couldn’t be sold. I then proceded to the rental agency and talked to them in person. Mr. Atha along with his lawyer assured me that they had waited the appropriate times to evict my soldier and they were in their legal right. When the rental agency first made contact with the Company my 1SG let it slip we had Sgt Porrazzo’s keys, Mr. Atha told me that they had to change the locks on the house because of this and could only release the new keys to Sgt Porrazzo or someone with a power of attorney. He also said that they inventoried the home when they changed the locks and between then and the eviction several of Sgt Porrazzo’s fire arms had gone missing. While Sgt Porrazzo was in the hospital I harassed my CO daily to help me get a limited power of attorney so someone can pay his rent which never came about.

Sgt Porrazzo lives very Spartan but, his father before he died owned and operated a gun store; his prize piece that Sgt Porrazzo inherited was a Barret 50 cal sniper rifle retailing at $10,000 and many other fire arms that were in his house were seized by his landlord. His house he was renting wasn’t impressive.”

We have contacted Army Times and several other news agencies who are looking into this situation. We are awaiting the response from the real estate agency and will post it up as soon as they respond.

Texas Town Line
    Tommy H. Atha
    254 690 1365.
    Txtownline.com.
    1201 s W.S. Young Dr. Ste 111a
    Killeen, TX 76543

If you decide to contact the real estate agency, use TACT. As any belligerent remarks, cursing etc can only hurt our end result. ~Bulldog1

I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

That is FUCKED UP. If he lived in Tarrant County the Texas Lawyers for Texas Vets organization could help. My wife volunteers there and they do great things for vets.

Comment

This is down in Killeen. They should know better than this. And from the time they changed the locks to the time they rented it again, all of his weapons went missing. Like his Barrett .50

Comment

IMO his chain of command has some blood on their hands too. This should have been taken care of before it came to this. Fucked up situation. And an E5 with 15 years?

Comment

He definitely needs legal help. There may be a veterans legal aid organization that's local to him that will place his case with an attorney who will take it pro-bono.

Comment

Sounds like his chain of command were all over it but couldn't act without a POA

Comment

I wonder how much the rent was per month and how far behind he was? The article say he was hurt in May and it isn't even August yet. That is pretty damn quick to have all your shit sold off and have new renters in place, even in a military town.

Comment

The eviction, though legal, is shitty. The missing firearms though, sounds criminal. They say that he still owes rent, so they obviously weren't auctioned, or somebody got a helluva deal in that auction.

I sure hope that he has some sort of papertrail on the guns, though they probably "threw out" all of his important documents.

This kinda reminds me of the Pawn Stars episode with the Shelby Cobra "roller" (it was missing a few things, but more than just the body), that was towed. They contacted the registered owner, though likely didn't try very hard, and after 90 days and no show, the tow company took possesion of the $90k car.

It's definitely different in that the owner was nowhere to be found, but I can't help but think that their effort to contact were shady. Who walks away from that kind of money?

Comment

F t r

Comment

Originally posted by jw33 View Post
                    I wonder how much the rent was per month and how far behind he was? The article say he was hurt in May and it isn't even August yet. That is pretty damn quick to have all your shit sold off and have new renters in place, even in a military town.
                    I was thinking about that too, say it was a high $2k a month, that's only $6k. The Article said rent from May to July was due, so 3 months. That's where I think that the Barret was either stolen, or it was a "buddy" auction to cover the paper trail, and the rest of his stuff was let go super cheap as well.

Comment

I'm really hoping the company gets raped on this.

Comment

That is some low down dirty bullshit!
                        "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. "
                        George Orwell

Comment

wow, sad
                          1971 Ford Torino - Time to go bigger and better.

2011 F150 Limited - Stock with a 6.2

Comment

Based on what I've read, the 1st Sgt fucked up. He should have gotten a POA and taken care of that Soldier. The realtors are pretty fucked up to but that NCO dropped the ball and needs an ass chewing.

And where the fuck was the company commander in all of this?

Comment

Command should have involved base legal and this never should have happened. POA my ass. Even a simple POA only requires his signature and a notary.
                              Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Working...
                              X