Link?

Comment

Comment

Pic in this link:

Comment

Thanks. RIP officer Williams.

Comment

RIP officer Williams.

That patrol car was slammed by that truck, In the old days you could always tell a drunk, they were driving slow and boating. It seems the drunks these days are always hauling ass.
            Originally posted by Silverback
            Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Highly doubt he had his seatbelt on.

Comment

I was absolutely horrified and felt sick when I woke up and saw this on the news. My former next-door neighbor, and the guy that is the closest thing I have to a brother is a Waxahachie police officer. Thankfully, I quickly found out that it wasn't him.
                Not so thankfully, I knew Josh pretty well. He was a very good man, and an excellent police officer. My heart is absolutely breaking for his family, and for his fellow officers.
                The piece of shit that killed him was barely injured and tried to escape from the hospital, but the DPD put a stop to that. I personally think that intoxication manslaughter should either be taken off the books and changed to capital murder or should carry the same penalties as capital murder.
                "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Originally posted by helosailor View Post
                  I was absolutely horrified and felt sick when I woke up and saw this on the news. My former next-door neighbor, and the guy that is the closest thing I have to a brother is a Waxahachie police officer. Thankfully, I quickly found out that it wasn't him.
                  Not so thankfully, I knew Josh pretty well. He was a very good man, and an excellent police officer. My heart is absolutely breaking for his family, and for his fellow officers.
                  The piece of shit that killed him was barely injured and tried to escape from the hospital, but the DPD put a stop to that. I personally think that intoxication manslaughter should either be taken off the books and changed to capital murder or should carry the same penalties as capital murder.
                  Waxahachie is a small, close-knit town (I live right next to it). There's no telling how many people in that town know officer Williams. This will affect a lot of lives.

Comment

Damn. RIP Officer.

Comment

May you rest in peace, Josh Williams.

Comment

Why should they up the penalty?

Comment

Because I'm pretty sure that every living breathing human being in this country knows that if they are severely intoxicated and drive, that there is an excellent chance that they will take someone else's life. To me, it is no different than chambering a round in a firearm, pointing it at someone, and pulling the trigger. There is no reasonable expectation of the outcome being anything other than bad for the person(s) on the receiving end.
                          Therefore, since committing the act, knowing the likelihood of someone being killed, and four different types of DWI are already felonies, taking the next step doesn't seem like that big of a stretch.
                          The bottom line is that something has to be done to stop DWIs. Obviously, the current penalties aren't enough of a deterrent.
                          Last edited by helosailor; 07-28-2012, 06:11 PM.
                          "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Because I'm pretty sure that every living breathing human being in this country knows that if they are severely intoxicated and drive, that there is an excellent chance that they will take someone else's life. To me, it is no different than chambering a round in a firearm, pointing it at someone, and pulling the trigger. There is no reasonable expectation of the outcome being anything other than bad for the person(s) on the receiving end.
                            Therefore, since committing the act, knowing the likelihood of someone being killed, and four different types of DWI are already felonies, taking the next step doesn't seem like that big of a stretch.
                            The bottom line is that something has to be done to stop DWIs. Obviously, the current penalties aren't enough of a deterrent.
                            I definitely think that penalties should be much harsher, especially for first-time offenders, but not capital murder. There is a distinct difference in intentionally pointing a gun at someone, and making a poor choice that could possibly take someone's life. That is why even in murder cases they have to prove premeditated intent, and even one with intent can get a lesser charge, if they are proven to not have been in their right mind, whether it be emotionally or otherwise mentally.

You know the officer well, and I am sure that most anyone that has had a family or friend that was lost to a drunk driver will feel the same way, but that doesn't make it rational.

Comment

With the knowledge of the possible consequences, premeditation would be a gimme. But yeah, maybe not the death penalty. But if someone has already had one DWI and then goes and kills someone, they really should be locked up for life. They had their one chance and blew it. The current penalties are really a joke. My former neighbor that is WPD, was hit by a drunk while on duty about 12 years ago. He was nearly killed, and was on medical leave for over 2 years. The guy that hit him had 6 previous DWIs , with that one being #7. He got 90 days in county, 7 years probation, and a $2000 fine...for his 7TH DWI!

Comment

Working...
                              X