Is this an alarm?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this an alarm?

Was in the process of troubleshooting ignition electrical issues and came across this under the steering column...

No model or serial numbers, appears to have a small battery attached to it, and a couple of relays. All it has is a red light and a small pot switch.*

Can I just unplug everything and trash it? *I'm not sure what extent these things integrate into the cars wiring, so I figured I'd ask before I started yanking shit out.*

Thanks!

Yep. I haven't seen an Ungo since the 90's

Comment

they have been watching you.
      2006 Civic SI
      2009 Pilot
      1988 GT
      CRF50

Widebody whore.

Comment

Whatever you do DO NOT cut the red wire....

Comment

Originally posted by Gear_Jammer View Post
          Yep. I haven't seen an Ungo since the 90's
          The sad thing is that there are people on here that were born in the 90's.

Comment

ungo used to make those alarms that would page your remote.

Comment

disconnect the battery take ur time. trace all those wires and get rid of that shit.
              sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
              🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

Originally posted by GrayStangGT View Post
                Whatever you do DO NOT cut the red wire....
                No no its the white one,,, or was it black?

Comment

one of the relays will have the starter signal wire spliced into it. You cut the wires from the relay and rejoin them. Usually a 12 gauge wire size or so, and it comes off of the ignition switch harness.

Comment

Ive taken 3 of those bullshit alarms out of cars this week. I can't recall ever seeing one that wasn't installed with soldered joints, instead with cheapo connectors or wires just wrapped together and taped.
                    Pretty easy to do, just follow all wires to connections, remove and tape. I'd recommend solder/heat shrink any wires that have been cut.

Comment

Originally posted by sig239 View Post
                      No no its the white one,,, or was it black?
                      I was drunk last night it might have been green, I usually just close my eyes and hope for the best.

Comment

pop quiz asshole
                        http://dfwdirtriders.com/ New Website for the off road peeps

Comment

Haven't heard that name in a while. I had an Ungo on my 96 civic when it was new. That fucker was constantly false alarming.

Comment

Back when I was an installer, that is what I would call a cluster F@#K! I think the two white wires with the blue and green stripes that go to the relay's are for the door locks. Which are reverse polarity so you will have to trace them back to the kick panel. On a fox body I think the pass. kick panel is where most installers would find the door lock wires.
                            Last edited by rainman64; 07-29-2012, 09:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X