lulz @ tote the note.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by T-TOPPS5.0 View Post
    You don't count Cooter. Your one of the few exceptions to the rule. You always find great deals for little money. Just like that sweet dually you got a couple weeks ago....
    nah, they're out there... just a lot of people are too proud to drive a 4 dr 81 Granada or a Datsun B210 or an 88 Mark VII with severely oxidized paint.

I am not one of those people
    http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Dang that's messed up...
      04 GT
      91 LX

Comment

that's not right. keep shopping around.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
          Went in to one of these places to try and work a deal on an 02 Mustang they had for sale. Asked him about financing for 6 months. "Well, I don't charge interest, what I do is charge $100 a week that the car isn't paid off..." So a 6k car after 6 months would be 8400, or 40% interest. He doesn't charge interest though! Whats sad is I'm sure people do it all the time. Morons.
          My uncle used to own a tote the note lot, it was crazy what he'd sell some of his shit for. He had good cars most of the time, but sometimes he'd sell some wore out piece of $h1t that I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. He didn't say dumb stuff like that to my knowledge though. But yeah that's how those guys make their money. He'd go to the auto auction, and pay what you or I would pay for it, if we were paying up front and in cash. Then he'd tack on interest, which is of course where he made all his money. And people would pay it with a smile, cause they didn't have the credit to go get something else. He was a "we finance you, no credit check" place.

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
            Stupid people are a great source of cash
            This is soooooo true.

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
              88 Mark VII with severely oxidized paint.
              I had one of those but it started out as a $9023 good condition used car. 100K later...

Comment

My dad used to play golf with a guy that owned a tote-the-note lot. He made money like crazy. Also, he said most lots that require a down payment 99% of the time, that amount is equal to what they paid for the car at auction so if you drove off into the sunset never to be seen again, they still didn't lose anything.
                Last edited by Hmbre97; 12-29-2010, 03:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X