Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
    Ouch!

My Dad had a '11 (non Hemi) Quad Cab for 50,000 miles and not a single issue with it, and loved it. He loved it so much, when he left the company that provided it for him, he tried to buy it from them. They declined, so he went and bought a '12 Crew Cab with the Hemi, and loves this one even more. The added space in the rear seat, more pulling power, etc. It's quiet as a church mouse, has plenty of towing power, and gets up and goes. And it rides like a Cadillac. He's only got 25,000 miles on this one so far, but doesn't anticipate any issues. He hasn't even had any small annoyances out of this one, nor did he on the last one. I've been seriously considering picking one up for myself, but I'll go slightly used unless the incentives outweigh the savings/retarded used prices when I'm ready to buy.

The only thing I don't really care for, is the fabric on the seats. That's my only complaint. Of course, I'll likely go with a package that gives me leather anyways.
    The leather seats in the Dodge are very comfortable. I also believe every leather package includes heated seats front and back and front ventilated seats.

Has he ever commented on his gas mileage?

I have owned my 07 Ram 1500 quad cab 4x4 with the 345 hp hemi for a year now. I bought it at 78k and it now has 100k miles. I have replaced spark plugs (it was running fine I just wanted to), done oil changes, and replaced one front strut that started leaking oil. Other than that the truck has not given me any problems. Tows great as well. The new ones are far above and beyond the previous body style too. The new ones with 390 hp really get up and go.
    www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Originally posted by mustangguy289 View Post
      The leather seats in the Dodge are very comfortable. I also believe every leather package includes heated seats front and back and front ventilated seats.

I've never sat in one with leather, I'll be checking them out though.

Originally posted by mustangguy289 View Post
      Has he ever commented on his gas mileage?

He hasn't, and though I've driven it on several trips, I have never paid attention to the dash read out. But, we all know those things are inaccurate anyways. I'll ask him to hand calculate. Fuel economy doesn't bother either of us, as gas is provided by the company.
      Originally posted by BradM
      But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
      Originally posted by Leah
      In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

I've never sat in one with leather, I'll be checking them out though.

He hasn't, and though I've driven it on several trips, I have never paid attention to the dash read out. But, we all know those things are inaccurate anyways. I'll ask him to hand calculate. Fuel economy doesn't bother either of us, as gas is provided by the company.
        I test drove a longhorn laramie once... that one has some really NICE leather. Leaps and bounds above the ugly King Ranch interior.

I wouldn't worry about gas either then haha.
        www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

I have 22k+ miles on my '11 EB Crew Cab. My truck averages 18mpg consistently. It is better with highway and a lot worse in the city but it seems like 18mpg is what you can expect out of these things for normal drivers. I expected better than this when I bought the truck and I think the advertised MPG is misleading. If I had it to do over I would have bought a truck with the 5.0

Comment

Originally posted by TorchRedStang View Post
            I have 22k+ miles on my '11 EB Crew Cab. My truck averages 18mpg consistently. It is better with highway and a lot worse in the city but it seems like 18mpg is what you can expect out of these things for normal drivers. I expected better than this when I bought the truck and I think the advertised MPG is misleading. If I had it to do over I would have bought a truck with the 5.0
            How did they mislead anyone? They advertised they'd get 15 in the city and 21 on the highway. 18mpg is right in the middle of that spectrum when you're talking mixed driving. I came from a 5.4 that got 14mpg no matter how I drove it. I'll gladly take 18mpg anyday.

Comment

Anyone in here have one of the new ecoboost edge's? I've been looking at them lately and I'm curious what kind of averages they are getting.
              "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
              "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by FreightTrain View Post
                How did they mislead anyone? They advertised they'd get 15 in the city and 21 on the highway. 18mpg is right in the middle of that spectrum when you're talking mixed driving. I came from a 5.4 that got 14mpg no matter how I drove it. I'll gladly take 18mpg anyday.
                We replaced an 06 Navi that averaged 13, screw the 5.4
                Detailing by Dylan
                817-494-3396
                Meticuloustx7@gmail.com
                Ask about the Pre-Spring special

Comment

Originally posted by FreightTrain View Post
                  I have a 2wd and the sticker said 16 city and 22 highway. I went a full tank and reset my trip counter and drove conservatively on a trip to Houston and the end result was 19.5. I had to fill up on the way back and by the end of the trip it was at 18.9. That was 98% highway driving.

As I said.. the advertised numbers were misleading. The better mpg was one of the reasons I spent the extra money for the EB engine. Don't get me wrong, I love my truck, but I get annoyed when I hear how wonderful the gas mileage is.

On another note... I drove my truck for work a few months ago for about a week and it was 85% city driving. Gas mileage was 14.2. If you look at the F150 forums there are others making similar claims.

Comment

I drove from here to jackson, tn with about 800lbs and showed 23 on my display and by hand it is 22.68. Fairly close to me. But mine is a lowly 4.6 3v. I don't have the torque of the EB, but I like the shit out of it.
                    http://dfwdirtriders.com/ New Website for the off road peeps

Comment

Is it required to fill the ecoboost with 93 octane? 18 mpg could cost a lot more when filling with 93compared to filling with 87 octane from Costco

Comment

Originally posted by 4king View Post
                        Is it required to fill the ecoboost with 93 octane? 18 mpg could cost a lot more when filling with 93compared to filling with 87 octane from Costco
                        No...they only require 87 octane. I talked to a Ford rep at SEMA last year who said that an EB would likely actually get lower MPG if you run 93 in it.
                        70' Chevelle RagTop
                        (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

Ouch!

My Dad had a '11 (non Hemi) Quad Cab for 50,000 miles and not a single issue with it, and loved it. He loved it so much, when he left the company that provided it for him, he tried to buy it from them. They declined, so he went and bought a '12 Crew Cab with the Hemi, and loves this one even more. The added space in the rear seat, more pulling power, etc. It's quiet as a church mouse, has plenty of towing power, and gets up and goes. And it rides like a Cadillac. He's only got 25,000 miles on this one so far, but doesn't anticipate any issues. He hasn't even had any small annoyances out of this one, nor did he on the last one. I've been seriously considering picking one up for myself, but I'll go slightly used unless the incentives outweigh the savings/retarded used prices when I'm ready to buy.

The only thing I don't really care for, is the fabric on the seats. That's my only complaint. Of course, I'll likely go with a package that gives me leather anyways.
                          Who does? If he has it to 100k, I bet he finds out what many know.

Originally posted by TorchRedStang View Post
                          I have a 2wd and the sticker said 16 city and 22 highway. I went a full tank and reset my trip counter and drove conservatively on a trip to Houston and the end result was 19.5. I had to fill up on the way back and by the end of the trip it was at 18.9. That was 98% highway driving.

As I said.. the advertised numbers were misleading. The better mpg was one of the reasons I spent the extra money for the EB engine. Don't get me wrong, I love my truck, but I get annoyed when I hear how wonderful the gas mileage is.

On another note... I drove my truck for work a few months ago for about a week and it was 85% city driving. Gas mileage was 14.2. If you look at the F150 forums there are others making similar claims.
                          I hate it when cars don't deliver the fuel mileage. My wife's Saturn claimed 26, and never got above 19.5 mpg (even at lower speeds). The dash was accurate though, usually within .1 of actual.

Originally posted by Rreemo View Post
                          No...they only require 87 octane. I talked to a Ford rep at SEMA last year who said that an EB would likely actually get lower MPG if you run 93 in it.
                          That sounds backwards. If you run lower octane, it will usually back timing out, and you have to use more throttle to compensate. If he meant it would be cheaper, that "might" be possible, but you have several changing criteria. I'd love to see a good comparison, and by that, I don't mean 9 miles.
                          sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                          17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                          13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                          86 SVO - Sold
                          '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                          01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                          65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by Chas_svo View Post
                            Who does? If he has it to 100k, I bet he finds out what many know.
                            My mom bought an '06 brand new. Now has 186k on miles and still running like a champ!!!
                            Other than regular maintenance no issues.....

Comment

I dunno....doesn't make sense to me either. He simply stated due to the way that these engines are factory tuned, you would most likely lose MPG by running a higher octane fuel....he didn't mention cost, he actually used the term "fuel range" IIRC.

This was the guy (presented as a Ford Powertrain Engineer) running the EB booth in the huge assed Ford area of SEMA....so I'd hope he wasn't just some momo making shit up. I had only approached him about it b/c we had just bought our Flex and I got a bunch of conflicting information from the dealer and various other online sources....and at that point we weren't at all impressed by the MPG we were seeing in it compared to all the hype (I made sure he knew that too ).
                              70' Chevelle RagTop
                              (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

So in general the 5.0 is better then the EB? I was looking at a new 2wd crew cab and wanted the best fuel milage option. If the EB is only 1-2 MPG better I may have to look at the 5.0.

Comment

Working...
                                X