No announcement yet.

Ecoboost Drivers in here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Didn't Ford just up the price on the Ecoboost option? It was originally about $700 added to the cost of an XLT but now it is over $1000.

IMO it isn't worth for the fuel economy alone.

Comment

Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
      I have 13000 miles on my FX2 (2011) and average 19-20mpg and I do 60% highway. I NEVER trust the computer to calculate mileage. Its always a gallon or so off when it comes to the consumption compared to filling up.

I really like the truck. $29,500 with the Skip hookup for a FX2. Sticker was some nonsense like $44k. If you can get the Dodge $8k cheaper, then Id probably lean that way. But talk with Skip or Reid (his dad) before you compare sticker prices. True cost is way less than sticker.
      I definately will. Right now there are some dealerships offering $10k off of the ram crew cab sticker. One built with the exact options I want (on ram's website) has an MSRP of $44k.

I also qualify for x plan for Ford and the incentive plan Dodge has which is invoice -1%.
      www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Originally posted by TeeShock View Post
        Have you calculated the fuel cost differences you are facing?

Annual cost of fuel between 18mpg avg vs 25mpg avg (@ 3.50/gal) is roughly $3500 vs $4800. Given you drive 70 miles per day 365 days per year.

Hemi or bust! The 8 grand more that EB cost will pay your Dodge's fuel difference for the next 6 years.(given gas doesn't double in price)
        I am having a tough time finding people who are consitantly getting above 20mpg out of their EB. But you are right it is something to think about. I was also wrong about the 8 grand. I re-built both trucks and it is 3500 difference built the way I built them.
        www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Originally posted by mustangguy289 View Post
          I definately will. Right now there are some dealerships offering $10k off of the ram crew cab sticker. One built with the exact options I want (on ram's website) has an MSRP of $44k.

I also qualify for x plan for Ford and the incentive plan Dodge has which is invoice -1%.
          Did the dealer say what the $10k off is for? When we were looking for a truck, lone star edition trucks were advertied at $11k off, but when I called, that included loyalty, trade in bonus, military discount and a couple others that most people don't qualify for.
          Detailing by Dylan
          817-494-3396
          Meticuloustx7@gmail.com
          Ask about the Pre-Spring special

Comment

Originally posted by 89gt-stanger View Post
            Did the dealer say what the $10k off is for? When we were looking for a truck, lone star edition trucks were advertied at $11k off, but when I called, that included loyalty, trade in bonus, military discount and a couple others that most people don't qualify for.
            It says all crew cabs. Includes Ram rebate, dealer rebate, and 1000 if you finance with ally. I just checked their inventory and they have no Sports and the only laramies they have are the quad cabs which I don't want. I will call at lunch and see if that special is only for in stock trucks or if they can apply it towards a transfer or order. They will probably say no but it never hurts to ask.
            www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Dodge is a much better looking truck...

Comment

Originally posted by Chopped54 View Post
                Dodge is a much better looking truck...
                I agree.
                www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Fuck Ally bank (formerly General Motors Assurace Corp), one of the worst banks in the country, along with BOA.

EDIT: Whats the deal with the new air suspension the Ram has?
                  Detailing by Dylan
                  817-494-3396
                  Meticuloustx7@gmail.com
                  Ask about the Pre-Spring special

Comment

Originally posted by 89gt-stanger View Post
                    Fuck Ally bank (formerly General Motors Assurace Corp), one of the worst banks in the country, along with BOA.

EDIT: Whats the deal with the new air suspension the Ram has?
                    I would refinance immediately with my CU or with Penfed.... just finance with dealers choice to get the rebates.

I believe the Air suspension is for the 2013's.

Changes for 2013 included:

A little bit different grill (reduces drag coefficient slightly)
                    8 speed transmission ( for the v6 in the fall and not avail. on Hemi until spring 2013)
                    Changed side badges
                    Different dash and instrument cluster
                    Air Suspension
                    Pulse width modulation for fans, fuel pumpes, etc
                    Fluid warming system that uses engine heat from the radiator to transfer heat to trans and engine oil to warm the truck up quicker than usual to get it to optimal settings.

The trucks with the 8 speed transmission will also turn off the engine when you come to a complete stop like at a stop light. When you release the brake it will automatically restart. You can turn this off with a button for heavy traffic. It will also disable this feature if it thinks the battery is too low. Trucks with this have upgraded charging systems and starter.

Supposedly it will be a 20% increase in gas mileage... so for the Hemi 4x4 currently at 19 mpg... it would be at 22.8 mpg. Right inline with the ecoboost. However there will not be any rebates on 13's for a while so I am not really worried about them. Plus I can't get over the gear selector being a rotary knob lol.
                    www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

It's not a truck, but we have an EcoBoost in the wife's Flex and we've determined that all hwy vs mixed driving yields some pretty big differences, also hand calculating mpg vs just going off of what the dash says is typically 1-2 mpg difference (ironically always more positive on the dash). In it's normal environment around town it stays very consistent 18-19mpg (dash always reading ~20.X), however she just got back from a trip to Wisconsin a couple days ago (2600 mile roundtrip)...and it averaged 23mpg just about the entire way (dash reaching up to 26 at times), said she was using the cruise a lot, but also setting it at 80 on the 75mph turnpikes...this was also loaded down with a lot of crap....2-weeks worth of luggage and BS for her and 2 teenage girls.

Overall not too bad IMO...of course could be better, but likely not anything with the same HP, AWD, and comfort/roominess this thing has. I wonder how well it would do with one of the Livernois tunes on it.
                      70' Chevelle RagTop
                      (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

Ford > Dodge all day every day in every category.
                        "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

Originally posted by BlackGT View Post
                          Ford > Dodge all day every day in every category.
                          Interested to hear how you back this up...

If you have no experience with a new Dodge, you have no credibility. I don't give a damn about what your buddy's sister's cousin's ex boyfriend's Dad experienced 20 years ago.
                          Originally posted by BradM
                          But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                          Originally posted by Leah
                          In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

I like my f150 but liked my 06 dodge qc 4x4 cummins more. That's the only dodge I have ever owned as I'm a Ford guy.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
                            2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                              Interested to hear how you back this up...

If you have no experience with a new Dodge, you have no credibility. I don't give a damn about what your buddy's sister's cousin's ex boyfriend's Dad experienced 20 years ago.
                              True that...those trucks have come miles from where they were just 5-6 years ago. I'll be the first to admit that my 06' was basically a POS, but at the same time we also owned an 05' Magnum that was a great vehicle...no regrets what-so-ever owning it...matter of fact I'm having a little heartburn having replaced it with this damned Flex that has been constantly plagued with transmission problems from day-1.....a ~$40K vehicle that has what I consider major drivetrain issues, that apparently cannot be fixed is not exactly flying the flag of quality for Ford....and that's real world experience and comparison on my part.
                              70' Chevelle RagTop
                              (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

Originally posted by Rreemo View Post
                                True that...those trucks have come miles from where they were just 5-6 years ago. I'll be the first to admit that my 06' was basically a POS, but at the same time we also owned an 05' Magnum that was a great vehicle...no regrets what-so-ever owning it...matter of fact I'm having a little heartburn having replaced it with this damned Flex that has been constantly plagued with transmission problems from day-1.....a ~$40K vehicle that has what I consider major drivetrain issues, that apparently cannot be fixed is not exactly flying the flag of quality for Ford....and that's real world experience and comparison on my part.
                                Ouch!

My Dad had a '11 (non Hemi) Quad Cab for 50,000 miles and not a single issue with it, and loved it. He loved it so much, when he left the company that provided it for him, he tried to buy it from them. They declined, so he went and bought a '12 Crew Cab with the Hemi, and loves this one even more. The added space in the rear seat, more pulling power, etc. It's quiet as a church mouse, has plenty of towing power, and gets up and goes. And it rides like a Cadillac. He's only got 25,000 miles on this one so far, but doesn't anticipate any issues. He hasn't even had any small annoyances out of this one, nor did he on the last one. I've been seriously considering picking one up for myself, but I'll go slightly used unless the incentives outweigh the savings/retarded used prices when I'm ready to buy.

The only thing I don't really care for, is the fabric on the seats. That's my only complaint. Of course, I'll likely go with a package that gives me leather anyways.
                                Originally posted by BradM
                                But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                                Originally posted by Leah
                                In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Working...
                                X