Ecoboost Drivers in here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SNEAKY View Post
    can you get an ecoboost trimmed like your dodge?
    I can get it very close but cost about 3500 more from Ford. The Dodge has a ton more features that I like and would use. To get the features I want I have to add crazy expensive packages to the Ford.

If initial cost and features of the truck are the only thing I worry about the Dodge wins hands down. The 100k mile warranty is nice as well.

I drive a lot so I have to think about gas mileage though.
    Last edited by mustangguy289; 07-23-2012, 07:09 AM.
    www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Originally posted by A_A_G View Post
      Ecoboost gas mileage is overrated and I cant stand the exhaust note. Get a 5.0 FX4 with a 5star 93 octane tune.
      Whatever I get I will keep the motor/tune stock. I have my other toys that I can have fun with.

Do the ecoboosts require mid grade or premium in stock form?
      www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Originally posted by mustangguy289 View Post
        Whatever I get I will keep the motor/tune stock. I have my other toys that I can have fun with.

Do the ecoboosts require mid grade or premium in stock form?
        Detailing by Dylan
        817-494-3396
        Meticuloustx7@gmail.com
        Ask about the Pre-Spring special

Comment

Originally posted by 89gt-stanger View Post
          I would recommend going to see Skip at Grapevine Ford, he will hook you up. This is a trip from Grapevine Ford back to my home after getting the oil changed, and yes, I feathered the gas, no heavy footing. If you keep your foot out of the throttle and traffic isnt too bad, you can get exceptional mileage. 23 minutes, 9.7 miles and .4 gallon used. Sorry for the crappy pics, came from my iPad.
          We drove by Grapevine Ford today and I said hey let's stop in and test drive one but they were closed. I have test driven the new ram's. I really need to test drive a F150 soon.
          www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Originally posted by A_A_G View Post
            5.0 coyote > 3.5 TT ecoboost. Have you seen what the stangs are doing with a little boost?

Personal preference, I cant drive a truck that doesnt have a nice v8 rumble.
            List price on mustang 5.0 pistons are twice that of the F150. So I am going to go out on a limb and say that the truck 5.0 does not have forged pistons like the mustang. (hyperutetic(sp)) Also, the truck is 10.5:1, stang is 11:1, cam timing is different too. I am not sure if the truck can handle the same power. The valve angles
            Detailing by Dylan
            817-494-3396
            Meticuloustx7@gmail.com

Comment

After watching this maybe I should just wait for the 2013 Ram when the 8 spd is mated with the Hemi. I don't like the turn-knob shifter though.

www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Originally posted by mustangguy289 View Post
                After watching this maybe I should just wait for the 2013 Ram when the 8 spd is mated with the Hemi. I don't like the turn-knob shifter though.

http://youtu.be/4_p3TCuN8SQ
                Ehh, too many things can go wrong with a turn knob transmission selector, IMO.
                Detailing by Dylan
                817-494-3396
                Meticuloustx7@gmail.com

Comment

I average high 18s to low 19s mixed driving never going over 80. On one highway trip I averaged 21 mpg.

Comment

Originally posted by pr1042 View Post
                    so we calculate mpg based upon a 9 mile trip now?
                    Yes.
                    2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

at around 90 i pull 15mpg in my f150 supercrew 2wd.

edit: 5.0

god bless.
                      Last edited by ELVIS; 07-22-2012, 08:54 PM.
                      It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

I get 22-23 on the highway, but when I get in the city on the turbos are spinning more I get 16-17....the truck is great and is very very quick.

Comment

I have almost 30k miles on mine now and the overall avg is 17.9 I live 4 miles from work and make lots of short trips less than 15 miles.
                          2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

I've got 29k miles on my '11 EB (2WD screw, 6.5' bed, max tow with 3.73's) and I'm averaging 17.0 mpg. I'm pretty aggressive with it and have managed 18.5-19.0 when I drive much, much nicer.

Just for shits and giggles, I got on the highway one day to see how high I could achieve. I never exceeded 62-63 mph, let it lose speed uphill, regain speed downhill, almost never accelerated, etc. I drove roughly 35 miles and finally had to stop. I was about to have a stroke driving like that. When I exited to come back home, the readout on the dash indicated 27.8 mpg. I've seen quite a few stories with people exceeding 25 mpg, but they're babying the ever-loving hell out of it.

From what I've seen, the 5.0 and the EB are dangerously close in fuel consumption around town. There might be a 1-2 mpg benefit in the EB's favor, but it varies considerably based on the driver's right foot. It seems the EB is affected more by a leadfoot than the 5.0.

If you really want to read about the trucks, do yourself a favor and spend a little time browsing the 09-12 forum on f150online.com...

FWIW - I pulled a Skeeter 225ZX from Rowlett to Bosier City at 70+ mph most of the way and I averaged 15.2 mpg and the truck only downshifted out of 6th gear when I passed someone. It has excellent pulling power.

Comment

I have 13000 miles on my FX2 (2011) and average 19-20mpg and I do 60% highway. I NEVER trust the computer to calculate mileage. Its always a gallon or so off when it comes to the consumption compared to filling up.

I really like the truck. $29,500 with the Skip hookup for a FX2. Sticker was some nonsense like $44k. If you can get the Dodge $8k cheaper, then Id probably lean that way. But talk with Skip or Reid (his dad) before you compare sticker prices. True cost is way less than sticker.

Comment

Have you calculated the fuel cost differences you are facing?

Annual cost of fuel between 18mpg avg vs 25mpg avg (@ 3.50/gal) is roughly $3500 vs $4800. Given you drive 70 miles per day 365 days per year.

Hemi or bust! The 8 grand more that EB cost will pay your Dodge's fuel difference for the next 6 years.(given gas doesn't double in price)

Comment

Working...
                                X