Ecoboost Drivers in here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ecoboost Drivers in here

What are your real world MPG's and what kind of driving do you do?

I am getting close to maybe buying a new truck and can't decide between the Ram 1500 sport crew 4x4 or the F150 FX4 Crew w/ecoboost.

I drive 70 miles a day 30%city/70%highway.
    www.dfwdirtriders.com

Heard great things! Higher than the Ford estimated. That's 2wd though. Have talked to anyone with 4wd though.

Love the fx series!
    2014 GT
    2013 FX2 ecoboost

Comment

Originally posted by mustangguy289 View Post

I am getting close to maybe buying a new truck and can't decide between the Ram 1500 sport crew 4x4 or the F150 FX4 Crew w/ecoboost.

lol again?! How many vehicles have y'all bought in the last 3 years?

Comment

I am checking out some F150 forums and a lot of people are reporting less than 20 mpg. I average around 18mpg in my 07 Dodge Hemi 4x4 quad. I was hoping to see a lot of people saying they were getting higher than the EPA estimate. I will continue to research. Ford is very proud of their trucks and I love how the new dodges look with the right package (sport or laramie).
        Last edited by mustangguy289; 07-22-2012, 07:50 PM.
        www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
          lol again?! How many vehicles have y'all bought in the last 3 years?
          I have got the itch bad and I was always buying low and selling high also.
          www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

I have got the itch bad and I was always buying low and selling high also.
            Just giving ya hell. I'll probably be picking up something else soon, but not sure what yet. I really want a 5.0 but want the option to haul and pull stuff.

We need to party soon!

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
              Just giving ya hell. I'll probably be picking up something else soon, but not sure what yet. I really want a 5.0 but want the option to haul and pull stuff.

We need to party soon!
              I would have seen if yall could come out this weekend but it was too damn hot lol. I would love to have a 5.0 but my lifestyle demands a truck. Maybe Ill keep my truck and get a 5.0? lol The thought has crossed my mind.
              www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

My dad has a 2wd crew cab ecoboost and has told me many times he's getting 21-22mpg's. He also drive like a grandpa...

Comment

I would recommend going to see Skip at Grapevine Ford, he will hook you up. This is a trip from Grapevine Ford back to my home after getting the oil changed, and yes, I feathered the gas, no heavy footing. If you keep your foot out of the throttle and traffic isnt too bad, you can get exceptional mileage. 23 minutes, 9.7 miles and .4 gallon used. Sorry for the crappy pics, came from my iPad.

Detailing by Dylan
                  817-494-3396
                  Meticuloustx7@gmail.com
                  Ask about the Pre-Spring special

Comment

can you get an ecoboost trimmed like your dodge?
                    http://dfwdirtriders.com/ New Website for the off road peeps

Comment

Ecoboost gas mileage is overrated and I cant stand the exhaust note. Get a 5.0 FX4 with a 5star 93 octane tune.

Comment

Originally posted by A_A_G View Post
                        Ecoboost gas mileage is overrated and I cant stand the exhaust note. Get a 5.0 FX4 with a 5star 93 octane tune.
                        Ecoboost with tune > 5.0 with tune. The above truck has a Heartthrob catback on the way and an SCT SF3 sitting here waiting to be programmed. I'll post the results in here. Going to get it tuned at TrueStreet soon too.

Dylan
                        Detailing by Dylan
                        817-494-3396
                        Meticuloustx7@gmail.com
                        Ask about the Pre-Spring special

Comment

5.0 coyote > 3.5 TT ecoboost. Have you seen what the stangs are doing with a little boost?

Personal preference, I cant drive a truck that doesnt have a nice v8 rumble.

Comment

so we calculate mpg based upon a 9 mile trip now?

Comment

I got a 2012 f-150 , long box 4x4 for work ..

It has a fiberglass topper on it , its is an el-cheapo pickup

roll up windows, rubber floor mat, no power options

loaded with around 300-400 lbs of stuff daily

It gets about 18mpg on most days on the highway @ 75 mph

I have never, ever seen it avg anything close to 20

got it March 2012 and it has 24,000 miles on it currently

drive about 350 miles a day

It has decent power , its been back to dealer twice for coil packs

Comment

Working...
                              X