No announcement yet.

Sexual assault victim in trouble for tweeting the names of her attackers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good for her. Looks like she is getting a lot of support on f/b.
    Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
      If it were my daughter, being named would be the least of their worries. Daddy's don't play around with that shit.
      When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

To the DA, Judge, and two that did it. [voice=Bane]Your punishment must be more severe[/voice]

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
          Maybe there's actually a brother named "Daddies"? Well...she meant well.

Comment

Originally posted by helosailor View Post
            Exactly! If that were my daughter, I'd Carl Lee Hailey their asses...
            Yes they deserved to die, and I hope they burn in hell!!!
            G'Day Mate

Comment

thats fucked up, the courts, police are more worried about what she did?

cant believe that, i could care less, i would have done the same thing, if i was her, or was her father.

she is the victim, and that should be made public no matter what, so everyone will know what type of scum those guys are.

Comment

btw update.... they have withdrawn their motion against her now

Defense attorneys for two teen-agers who pleaded guilty to assaulting 17-year-old Savannah Dietrich have withdrawn their motion that she be held in contempt for tweeting the names of her attackers in defiance of a court order.

David Mejia, an attorney for one of the teens, said given that the story has gone global because of a piece Saturday in The Courier-Journal, there was no reason to continue the contempt motion.

“What could contempt do now?” Mejia said in an interview, adding that the boys’ names have already been circulated far beyond the original tweet. “Seems like a rather useless exercise doesn’t it?”

The Courier-Journal has not named the teen defendants; the newspaper usually does not identify minors in juvenile court, with the exception of some cases, like murder.

Dietrich and her parents agreed to talk with a Courier-Journal reporter last week, saying she wanted her story to be made public.

Emily Farrar-Crockett, deputy division chief of the public defender's juvenile division and one of Dietrich's attorneys, said on Monday that “Savannah greatly appreciates the overwhelming support she has received from all over the world” since the newspaper story was published.

“We are encouraged by the private defense attorney’s belated recognition that their action was inappropriate and only served to make worse what this child victim has already endured,” she said.

On a new Twitter page Monday, Dietrich said: “I am so thankful for everyone supporting me ...”

Farrar-Crockett also said her office is still looking to have set aside the original court order forbidding all parties from talking about the case. Farrar-Crockett said the order was overly broad, and Dietrich should be able to talk about aspects of the case.

Comment

That's good to hear.

Comment

Good. Next is to get rid of the DA and judge
                    I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Funny thing is you can read my local paper and they list who was arrested for what. Not that they are guilty, but just arrested. Maybe if these crimes against folks were made VERY public, the perps would knock some of that shit off.

Comment

Good for her to make that stand for being only 17!!

Comment

Well, I think their stance is that the perps were under age, and they don't release names unless a minor is charged with murder. I think sexual assault needs to be lumped in with murder and they shouldn't be protected by their age.

Comment

Working...
                          X