RIP Officer Dodson, Lancaster PD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Officer Dodson, Lancaster PD

Killed by a drunk diver. Guy didn't even stop to render aid.

2hours ago ·

We are learning tonight that an off duty Lancaster Police Officer has passed away due to injuries sustained in an accident early Saturday morning. According to NBC 5, the off duty officer was hit by an alleged drunk driver. According to the Tarrant County Medical Examiner, Officer Dustin Dodson passed away shortly before 11:00 PM. Officer Dodson was off-duty at the time of the accident. It occured at 6:48 a.m. at US Highway 67 and FM 2738. The Venus Police Department said the driver in the crash is a 22-year-old man. He is charged with DWI and Failure to Stop and Render Aid. Our thoughts and Prayers go out to the Men and Women of the Lancaster Police Department along with officer Dodson's family.

Comment

RIP, and condolences to his family.

Sent while dropping a deuce!

Comment

Terrible.. RIP Brother
        Karussell White - 2010 Genesis Coupe R-Spec 6MT 2.0T -

Comment

I think "King Jason" is with that department. When I first heard about the accident, I was hoping it wasn't him. Funny how when things happen, our first thoughts are about people we might know of from this board.

RIP Officer Dodson.

Comment

Originally posted by Cannon View Post
            RIP, and condolences to his family.
            x2

Comment

Comment

Rip

Comment

Rest in Peace officer. I hope you get a good seat at that big coffee shop in the sky. And prayers to his family as well.

Is there some fund officers pay in to cover their funerals and give their spouses something to get by on?
                  I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

R.i.p

Get your Portable ID!

Comment

That sucks. RIP.

Comment

Damn that's fucked up. Thats almost the same way.my friend Phils dad.got killed, he was actually in unform going to work the White Rock Race and a drunk killed him too.
                        Originally posted by Silverback
                        Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by SMKR View Post
                          2hours ago ·

We are learning tonight that an off duty Lancaster Police Officer has passed away due to injuries sustained in an accident early Saturday morning. According to NBC 5, the off duty officer was hit by an alleged drunk driver. According to the Tarrant County Medical Examiner, Officer Dustin Dodson passed away shortly before 11:00 PM. Officer Dodson was off-duty at the time of the accident. It occured at 6:48 a.m. at US Highway 67 and FM 2738. The Venus Police Department said the driver in the crash is a 22-year-old man. He is charged with DWI and Failure to Stop and Render Aid. Our thoughts and Prayers go out to the Men and Women of the Lancaster Police Department along with officer Dodson's family.
                          if he was hit by a drunk driver, how come the driver is only being charged with dwi and failing to render aid?

Comment

The story hasn't updated yet. I'm sure the charges will now be upgraded to include intoxication manslaughter.

And RIP to Officer Dodson. Condolences to his wife and three children.
                            "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

How is the asshole drunk not charged with vehicular manslaughter/homicide?

Comment

Working...
                              X