No announcement yet.

Great Alaskan Roadtrip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The drive from Seattle to Vancouver is ok, once you start approaching Bellingham is where the nice scenery starts to come into play.

Stop at Beth's in Seattle and do the 12 egg omelet challenge.

Check out Jimmy Hendrix's gravesite.

Have a meal at any restaurant on the piers (I HIGHLY recommend Elliott's)

Feel free to push a bum off of a pier.

The drive from Vancouver to Whistler on the "Sea to Sky Highway" is absolutely gorgeous. I haven't been further North than Whistler, so enjoy the trip.

Comment

Vancouver- Whistler, sea to sky highway, blunt bros, Hastings (one of the biggest skid rows in NA), gas town, Granville island market, Stanley park, Richmond (huge Asian community=good traditional food), Museum of Anthropology, English bay, mts. Seymour, cypress and grouse (grouse has an awesome sky tram), Vancouver aquarium, Spanish banks, wreck beach (nude), Kitsilano/4th ave and Kits Beach, Vancouver Maritime Museum, Robson street, steamworks, yaletown and Granville island brewing companies, Yale town, Deeley Motorcycle museum, china town, Old Hastings Mill Store Museum (oldest building), yuk yuks comedy club, Stevston (if you like seafood), Shakespeare at Bard on the Beach, musicals at Theatre Under the Stars, New Amsterdam, Tim Horton's (Canada dunkin donuts but with more history, get an ice cappuccino, revolver coffee house, Richards on Richards (famous nightclub), the Granville room and the tiki bar at the Waldorf.

Meet Marc Emery

Check out Vansterdam Green Tours http://vansterdamgreentours.webs.com

I'm sure we'll speak before you go.
      Ded

Comment

Damn sucka, I'm only going to be there for about a day! Lolz

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
          Damn sucka, I'm only going to be there for about a day! Lolz
          Just giving you some options!

This is how my day would go.

Breakfast at Granville island in the market.

Capalano suspension bridge mid morning.

Lunch in Stanley park or at one of the brew pubs I listed.

Mid afternoon at new Amsterdam.

Dinner in Gastown, then a drive down W Hastings.

Beers at yuk yuks and then Richards on Richards.
          Ded

Comment

Just did some looking at the Sea to Sky highway. Thanks for the new route guys! It actually makes more sense than doubling back from Vancouver any way. This is going to be totally badass!

Comment

Going to Alaska and no fishing or hunting? pshhh..
              "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
              "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Just did some looking at the Sea to Sky highway. Thanks for the new route guys! It actually makes more sense than doubling back from Vancouver any way. This is going to be totally badass!
                If you stay a night in Whistler, make sure to nail a hot Australian tour guide/ski bunny/whatever the fuck they do during the summer up there.
                Originally posted by BradM
                But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                Originally posted by Leah
                In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
                  approaching Bellingham is where the nice scenery starts to come into play.
                  Headed up there in the next couple months. I've got a factory in Bellingham.
                  Originally posted by BradM
                  But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                  Originally posted by Leah
                  In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

That sounds like an awesome trip. Have fun and be safe.
                    www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                      Going to Alaska and no fishing or hunting? pshhh..

Might could do some fishing in Juneau. Sounds fun actually, I'll look into it.

Comment

Might could do some fishing in Juneau. Sounds fun actually, I'll look into it.
                        bring me back some Salmon!

I bet an non-resident fishing license is $$$.
                        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Money is no object when I'm on vacation. But I would like to see if I can make it to Fairbanks, which might put me in a time crunch. I might haul ass North and hit my major points of interest, then hit secondaries on the way back south.

Comment

Money is no object when I'm on vacation. But I would like to see if I can make it to Fairbanks, which might put me in a time crunch. I might haul ass North and hit my major points of interest, then hit secondaries on the way back south.
                            Nonresident Fishing & Hunting Licenses:
                            Nonresident 1 Day Sport Fishing License** $20.00
                            Nonresident 3 Day Sport Fishing License** $35.00
                            Nonresident 7 Day Sport Fishing License** $55.00
                            Nonresident 14 Day Sport Fishing License** $80.00
                            Nonresident Annual Sport Fishing License** $145.00
                            Nonresident Annual Hunting and Sport Fishing License** $230.00
                            Nonresident Annual Hunting and 1 Day Sport Fishing License** $105.00
                            Nonresident Annual Hunting and 3 Day Sport Fishing License** $120.00
                            Nonresident Annual Hunting and 7 Day Sport Fishing License** $140.00
                            Nonresident Annual Hunting and 14 Day Sport Fishing License** $165.00
                            Nonresident Annual Hunting $85.00
                            Nonresident Annual Hunting and Trapping $250.00
                            Nonresident Annual Hunting – Small Game only $20.00
                            Nonresident Duplicate (replacement) License $5.00

Comment

Twenny dollas ain't shit!

Comment

Yup, it's a badass drive for sure.

Comment

Working...
                                X