Great Alaskan Roadtrip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Barbie View Post
    I'm going to Alaska on the 18th. Flying into Fairbanks and out of Anchorage on the 26th
    I might make it up that far; it will all depend on the kind of time I make, and what all I find to do in Juneau. You know it isn't cheating if it is out of state.

Originally posted by bigmuskie View Post
    What is something like this expected to cost you?

Sounds like this trip tops your California run you went on with 46Bird and that solo drive to the Gulf (I think you went to the Gulf).

Have fun dude, that is gonna be bad ass and I am super jealous.

I'll probably be out in the neighborhood of $2500-$3000. I don't know if I'll ever be able to top the Bonneville Trip. That thing was beyond epic and the wildest time I've had in my life. Both of us having similar tastes but knowing the different features and cool things to check out in certain areas really made that trip something that will be near impossible to ever top. This will easily top the Roswell/Corpus trip I took in May.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
      I might make it up that far; it will all depend on the kind of time I make, and what all I find to do in Juneau. You know it isn't cheating if it is out of state.

I'll probably be out in the neighborhood of $2500-$3000. I don't know if I'll ever be able to top the Bonneville Trip. That thing was beyond epic and the wildest time I've had in my life. Both of us having similar tastes but knowing the different features and cool things to check out in certain areas really made that trip something that will be near impossible to ever top. This will easily top the Roswell/Corpus trip I took in May.
      Haha. No. I'll be in Anchorage 23-25. And I have a 4 hr layover in Seattle on the 26th in the afternoon
      BARBIE LOVES BULLITT991 3.17.07
      I'm a Barbie girl...In my Barbie world...
      PROUD OWNER: '04 AZURE BLUE MACH 1

Comment

Haha. No. I'll be in Anchorage 23-25. And I have a 4 hr layover in Seattle on the 26th in the afternoon

Probably already be heading south by the 23rd. I'm flying out of Portland on the 26th in the early evening.

Comment

Probably already be heading south by the 23rd. I'm flying out of Portland on the 26th in the early evening.
          What time do you get into DFW?

Comment

What time do you get into DFW?

Land here at 8:45pm.

Comment

Land here at 8:45pm.
              Boo I land at midnight and I needed a ride home lol

Comment

Boo I land at midnight and I needed a ride home lol

I live closer to DFW Airport than you do, if anyone would giving someone else a ride it would be vice versa!

Comment

My apologies sir, I certainly didn't mean for it sound like it would top your road trip with one of your friends, I was referring to the scenery. Again, my apologies.

I too, someday, want to go on a road trip very similar to what you're about to embark on. Unfortunately, I either have the money, but no time, or I have time, but no money. Story of my life. I can't wait to see pics of the Timberline Lodge. I remember watching The Shining when I was little and being scared shitless.

Comment

Originally posted by bigmuskie View Post
                    My apologies sir, I certainly didn't mean for it sound like it would top your road trip with one of your friends, I was referring to the scenery. Again, my apologies.

I too, someday, want to go on a road trip very similar to what you're about to embark on. Unfortunately, I either have the money, but no time, or I have time, but no money. Story of my life. I can't wait to see pics of the Timberline Lodge. I remember watching The Shining when I was little and being scared shitless.

No apologies needed man! Every trip is unique in its own right. Really looking forward to seeing this part of the continent since I've never been this far north.

Make the time for yourself. You only live once. I want to get as much traveling done as I can while I'm young and able to move around and enjoy it.

Comment

No apologies needed man! Every trip is unique in its own right. Really looking forward to seeing this part of the continent since I've never been this far north.

Make the time for yourself. You only live once. I want to get as much traveling done as I can while I'm young and able to move around and enjoy it.
                      Now that you mentioned that, I do have some good friends moving to Renton, Washington, so I at least have that part of travel covered. I'm gonna wait till they get settled in and start sight seeing themselves, so when I get there, I have a free tour guide. The best part is, I'll also have a free place to stay while I'm up there. Hell, I might make a vacation out of just staying in Washington.

Comment

Originally posted by GrayStangGT View Post
                        Holy shit, I don't even like driving our CJ7 from Midland to Odessa
                        Lol

Comment

Very cool Eric . I'm jealous !
                          2012 SRT8 Challenger 392 Hemi-6 speed
                          Bright Silver Metallic w/ Black Stripes
                          Leg Maker Inc. 4"Carbon Fiber CAI
                          Speedlogix Catch Can
                          Resonator Delete

Comment

Andrea and I talked about driving to Calgary for our honeymoon, then across to BC and up the Al-Can, but I was afraid the 88 wouldn't make it (this was in 99). We will take the trip at some point. I need to build a vehicle for heavy exploring, because I want to get lost up there.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                              Do yourself a favor, drive 2 hours north of Vancouver, and spend an afternoon in Whistler, stay overnight, then head west to AK the next morning. Whistler is absolutely beautiful. Winter Olympics were held there.
                              Whistler is nice, but Banff is MUCH nicer IMO. Probably too far out of the way though.

Comment

Originally posted by GrayStangGT View Post
                                Holy shit, I don't even like driving our CJ7 from Midland to Odessa
                                And to make it worse, it still had the stock 6 cylinder, and a bargain basement 4" suspension lift (read - no suspension movement at all). I'd do it again, in a second, but never in that Jeep.

Comment

Working...
                                X